Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upload photos to folder

Hi folks.
    I have created a subfolder under public.html called copsforcancer and want to upload photos that are not visible on my website but can be viewed by others when I give them the specific address such as immigrate2canada.ca/public_html/copsforcancer.

So far all I get is error messages. What am I doing wrong? I've watched the tutorials a dozen times but still can't make sense of the cpanel file arrangement thing. =(

(PS - don't know what I'd do without this wonderful forum!)
    Jennifer

sigpic
    Citizenship & Immigration Services
    www.Immigrate2Canada.ca

Professional - Ethical - Dependable - Afffordable

Re: upload photos to folder

Hi Jeffner,

To learn how to link your pages is pretty easy.
    Goto cPanel and select "Legacy file manager".
    Click on the file you want to link to; A lot of options will appear on the top righthand corner of the page.

Scroll down till you see the "Http" url or address. Right click on the address and copy link location.

Open Wordpad and paste the Link location.

From there you can see how the link to your file is structured.

"immigrate2canada.ca/public_html/copsforcancer" is wrong.

It should be as the link location you copied or generally is should look like this
    "immigrate2canada.ca/copsforcancer.html".

To avoid "20%" or "50%" appearing in your link use

"_ [underscore] or -[dash] to link yoour file names. Do not use an empty "Gap", it will automatically be replaced by a "%" when published.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

.....just to tell you what I did - don't know if it'll help but anyway............
      I needed a page of private photos for my kids to see, but no-one else. I simply created the page with BV - named it something & saved as the same & published. I then gave the kids the name of the page eg: www.mysite.net/something & they just had to type that in their browser to see it all :)
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks for your quick replies!
        I don't want to publish a page though. I want to publish the photos as jpg or bmp so others can download them for their own use. I thought if I put them into a folder, published the folder and provided the URL they could access them that way?
        Jennifer

sigpic
        Citizenship & Immigration Services
        www.Immigrate2Canada.ca

Professional - Ethical - Dependable - Afffordable

Comment

...of course it's your choice, but my pics are jpg & anyone could right click & download them quite easily...............
          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffner View Post
            Thanks for your quick replies!
            I don't want to publish a page though. I want to publish the photos as jpg or bmp so others can download them for their own use. I thought if I put them into a folder, published the folder and provided the URL they could access them that way?
            Once published on your webpage, anybody on the internet can download your pic just by using the right ckick and save image as!

The other method is photodowloads with the url provided by you for selected persons only; will be to zip your picture. Name the file with something short like "toronto1" and upload to a designated folder like "ca-photo" in your public_html folder in cpanel.

Once the zip folder "toronto1" has been uploaded it will be automatically given a ".exe" extension.

The link to your pic is now:-

"yourdomain/ca-photo/toronto1.exe"

once you enter the above into any browser search and Go, a download will be activated on your pc screen.
            Last edited by zuriatman; 04-12-2010, 07:37 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X