• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mhough78
    Private

• Aug 2010

Images will not publish

Hi,

I have a website www.pcguarddogs.com which is fine. I created a sub site www.backup.pcguarddogs.com. I created a web site for it in BV and previewed it just fine. I published it to public_html/backup and selected "publish all files". When I go to the site in my browser all I get are boxes with a red x in it. I have also cleared my browsing history and refreshed the screen. That did not help. I compared the files to the files on www.pcguarddogs.com and they appear to be the same file types I am using. I tried from a different computer in my office and had my wife try from her office in a different building. Still no luck. I also tried to rename some of the files so there are no special characters in the file name, just letters and numbers. After I did that I republished, cleared history, opened a new web page and still no luck. I feel like I have run out of options. What do I do next to correctly publish images?

Oh, the first time I published the page I named the web page "home page". I realized the mistake and renamed it "index" then republished, went to cpanel and deleted "home page"
  • golly1
    First Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Re: Images will not publish

Hi there
    make sure that if you have saved your pictures on another drive that this is plugged into your computer then save your page and re publish hope this helps graham

Comment

• Marincky
      General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by golly1 View Post
      Hi there
      make sure that if you have saved your pictures on another drive that this is plugged into your computer then save your page and re publish hope this helps graham
      ????????????????????????????????????

Just make sure your pictures are web sized! Also make sure you are publishing all files and not just html files
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• mhough78
        Private

• Aug 2010

I am selecting "publish all files" and the files are on my hard drive. I know they are uploading because I can go in the cpanel and look in the "images" folder and see them there. The size of the files are from 12KB to 80KB.

Could this have anything to do with it being a sub domain?

Comment

• CarbonTerry
          Major General

• Oct 2005

Disable "Hotlink Protection" in the Cpanel if not already done.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hotlink Protection is there for a purpose!

To protect our servers from unauthorized file extensions from Malwares and such.

It is safer to add file extensions not listed than to disable HotLink Protection.

My HotLink protection is on and I have no problem viewing
            all kinds of images from my website.

Instead

Try going to BV>Tools>Options>Publish

and check the Boxes for page name prefixs and .Png htacess for Internet Explorer.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Add the www.backup.pcguarddogs.com to your hot link protection area in cpanel.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X