• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whyswon
    Private

• Aug 2010

Linked Images - URL doesn't display in hover mode

I've placed an image on my homepage and linked it to a third party website; however, while in preview mode, the URL doesn't appear when the mouse is hovered over the image. If you click on the image it takes you to the linked page, as designated - I just need it to also show the website address if someone simply hovers their mouse over the linked image.

Any ideas/suggestions/steps to get this to work?
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: Linked Images - URL doesn't display in hover mode

you can do this by double clicking the image and inserting the url address or the description of the image in the alternate text box.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• whyswon
      Private

• Aug 2010

Thanks for the info - I tried it and it still doesn't show anything. I don't have a hosting account yet...I didn't want to purchase until I was a) finished building my site and b) certain that everything would work the way I wanted it to.

So far, this is the only hiccup. Could it be that it doesn't show up in preview mode because it isn't published?

Comment

• whyswon
        Private

• Aug 2010

I found the problem. I'm using Safari so I switched to IE 8 just to try and isolate the problem and it appears just fine in IE 8.

Do you happen to know if there is a setting on the Safari Browser that will enable people to see that info? That sucks if someone who visits my site can't see what each image links to...

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

• mrmagoo144
          Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

thats something you should ask safari, but if someone doesnt have it they dont have it. anyway you could always use the roll over method and include the link in the picture 2.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• whyswon
            Private

• Aug 2010

I thought about that but I don't know to setup what text to display when setting up the event (i.e. rollover). Is there a thread discussion for that?

Comment

• mrmagoo144
              Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

what you do is create the 2 images. import the first image and use the rollover tool. it will prompt you to add the 2nd image in the box, so you will have 2 different images in the set up. save it and publish. when someone mouses over your image the 2nd one will come up.
              here is an example:
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
              X