• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulsdunford
    First Sergeant

• Sep 2010

Recommended fonts

Is there a list of recommended fonts anywhere so I can be sure all viewers will see what I design into my site? Sadly I already used a font on my PC for designing, but when I tested on another PC it didn't display. Classic problem for a newbie I'm sure, but at least I have found out early!

If I do want to use a specific font is there any way to upload it with my pages or will that slow down viewers of my site too much (if it is even possible to do it!).

Thanks

Paul

www.experttuning.co.uk
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Recommended fonts

A. http://www.codestyle.org/css/font-fa...dResults.shtml
    B. http://www.fonttester.com/help/list_...afe_fonts.html

There is no way to add a Font style you prefer that is not previously deemed "web safe" to use in your web design that you can upload onto your local system that will display properly at all: you will simply have another font to use personally in your programs --- even if it shows up on your local Blue Voda fontselector!

Any font style that is not universal will be substituted by default by a viewer's own system when rendering the display via their browser.

Additionally, different browsers present different versions of displays according to the legacy version of that browser -- which explains why IE and Firefox differ and should both be used to "proof" your web page designs for optimal viewability.

Personally, I use Slimbrowser for most applications (love the Tab options and the continual updates), and proof with Opera, IE, and FireFox (FF being my least favoritre browser of all, mostly for technical reasons, and I acquiesce using it only because of it's popularity being "free" and so widely distributed).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X