Custom Background Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Background Size

In re: the above pixel limit. Most of the sites I see today have backgrounds behind what the site is about. I assumed it was due to the newer, wider monitors, so since I have to re-do the pages (new computer and old paths), I made them about 1600 pixels and the background takes up 600 of them with the actual important part centered. I need to do them again at 960 pixels??

Re: positioning of things

When preparing an IMAGE to use as a background, it is best to make sure it is at least 1700 pixels wide and best to be at least 1000 pixels deep, so you have something of a page depth to work with before the image "tiles" (repeats).

You set the image to be your background in Page Properties, selecting to "browse" for an image rather than set a color.

However, when laying out your page, you will still have all of your page elements "locked left" to the workpane rulers so that when you select "Center in Browser" (also in Page Properties), your page will automatically be centered over the background.

The background and the page are essentially independent "layers" and function differently: you do not set the image as background by "Sending To Back" and then laying your page over it, centering it the best you can ..... you set the image as a background using the tool to do so, and then register your page according to the normal rules in reference to the top-left 0/0 axis of the page guidelines/rulers. You set your page width at 960 pixels wide using this same reference from 0/0, and continue designing your page within these preset parameters.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X