• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IRL MURF
    Private First Class

• Nov 2010

Images and buttons wont load

Hi i know you have heard this a lot but im completely new to web design and i have been working on a website for a while and finally published the home page as a test but when i viewed it online none of the images appeared, and it is the same with the menu buttons that come with the software. the links in the site all work fine so i really have no idea whats going on. Any help would be extremely appreciated.
  • IRL MURF
    Private First Class

• Nov 2010

Re: Images and buttons wont load

Yeah sorry about that, i have tried everything i could think of. The exact problem is that the images i used on my webpage are all jpg format and when i preview the site it seems perfect but when i publish the pictures dont show. I have taken the original site down but i will publish an example of what im talking about.
    And the nav bars that that come with the software dont work either the same little symbol appears as it does with the images. My domain is: www.allthings****.com If someone could have a look it would be great.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Please provide a valid URL (space it out, if need be, to bypass the filters) that we can use.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• IRL MURF
        Private First Class

• Nov 2010

Ok here it is. www.allthingsx b o x.com
        Last edited by IRL MURF; 11-13-2010, 08:51 AM. Reason: Removed a link

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

1. Are you using Blue Voda, or what?
          2. How are you naming and Saving your pages? The first page to a website must be named, saved, and published as index (all lower case letters). AND, you must Publish your page using the command or icon from within Blue Voda only .... right?
          3. How did you set up your background .... provide details on the steps you took to set it as your site background.
          4. It seems you have tried to alter HTML coding via the file on the server .... this is what is causing your page problems. Not only did you errantly delete METADATA coding, you messed up the CSS files as well.
          5. Based on the leftover code on the page (which is why it is dysfunctional), you have specified a color (FFFFFF) as a background, and have either also entered an image as a background or tried to insert an image in the page to act as a page/site background as well.

It would be nice if you provided a URL to a valid page to see the problems you described. The page visible does not show any of the elements you say you included on your page, let alone a conflict.
          In any case, you will need to re-create your index page according to the Tutorials precisely in order to have a page that functions normally.

Comment

• IRL MURF
            Private First Class

• Nov 2010

I am using blue voda and as for the background.. I clicked on the page properties, went to the formatting section and click the apply image button, selected my image, clicked ok. Then clicked the insert image icon, chose my image which is size 800x125pixels, previewed it and it looked fine. Then i published it and now just the back ground is showing, not even the symbols i mentioned. Im sorry if this is frustrating for you i realy am new to this.

w w w. a l l t t h i n g s x b o x. c o m
            www.allthings****.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Like I said .... you have done more somehow, and have messed up the page formatting. Start over.
              This time, try simply inserting an image onto a blank page. Name, save, and publish as index.
              Then we'll have a look to see what is really going on.
              I'll take a look at it when I start back up tomorrow (it's 5am here, and I've been up 36 hours already).

When things straighten out, then you can go back and add a background, and add other elements to your page .....

Comment

• IRL MURF
                Private First Class

• Nov 2010

Thank you very much for your time and patience.Ill let you knowwhen i have another page up.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by IRL MURF View Post
                  Thank you very much for your time and patience.Ill let you knowwhen i have another page up.
                  It takes less than 5 minutes to insert some images already prepared onto a new, blank page, to save it, and to publish it. Just do one without a page background or any other of the details .... get a page up to show some of the images you want to use so we can see if there is anything causing a conflict whatsoever.

Unless, of course, there is something going on you prefer not being seen?

I'll revisit this shortly to see what progress you have made and what challenge you may still be experiencing. Don't disappoint me!

Comment

• IRL MURF
                    Private First Class

• Nov 2010

Hey the page up but all the elements seem to be working fine now. i realy have no idea what went wrong the first time.

Comment

• navaldesign
                      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Your index page needs to be changed to .php and the index.html page deleted from the server, as you have the Login form which needs the page to be .php
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• IRL MURF
                        Private First Class

• Nov 2010

I have it all sorted now thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                        X