Conveyor Belt with added feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conveyor Belt with added feature

I would like to add a frame around each picture on a conveyor belt when someone mouses over them. Using a script from the "Dynamic Drive" (thanks Vasilli!) website I'm able to create the frame but I have to manually add the script to the page HTML via the code editor in cPanel. I would like to find a way to do this as I'm building the site in BV. Can it be done?

Re: Conveyor Belt with added feature

It is unclear what you are really doing .... apparently you are using a script to present your images that has a mouseover function of adding a "frame", correct? And, you wish to add "text" to the frame itself, to display on mouseover?
    And you are trying to use this mouseover script within a Converyor belt display created in Blue Voda???

If so, you have misunderstood the concepts entirely.

You can edit the script directly by editing the code prior to adding it to your pages, as the instructions clearly outline where and how to customize.
    To edit the script further to add text to the frames on a one-instance basis is beyond your abilities, I would venture.

However, adding the script to attempt to make this entire display appear inside a BV Conveyor is totally illogical and somewhat bizarre, IMO.

Search for another script (there are hundreds of sources on the Net, if you Google for them using just the right key words) that will do what you are looking to do, or simply hire a coder by posting your "job" on the freelancer boards out there ....

You would be better off spending $150-$200 on a "Pro" version of a Flash Banner Maker tool, where you can add not only the movement effects you desre, but image effects as well (hyperlinks and text on mouseover).

"Frankensteining" never produces the results that prove satisfying.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasilli,

I guess I didn't explain what I want to do very well. I'll try again.
      Take a look at this page: www.parentprakopagency.com/Anntest.html.
      You can see that the conveyor belt pictures have a frame around them when you mouseover them. I created this by adding the necessary code I got from Dynamic Drive website to "each" picture by editing the code in cPanel.
      What I can't seem to do is add this same code directly in BV with the Conveyor Belt HTML.
      Hope I'm not confusing the issue again...

Comment

Most of the feature tools in Blue Voda are online applications that are "applied" upon publishing, and not part of the actual page structure code as would be the "styles" (Fonts, positions, colors, etc.).

Why don't you simply add the conveyor script to your page rather than try to monkey with the built-in BV conveyor (to no avail)?? A lot easier sounding to me .... stick with simplicity and with what works -- and if it works, don't be a-fixin' it! ;^)

Time for me to ride off into the sunset again.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I took your advice Vasilli (as usual) and added the conveyor script to my page. This will make it a lot easier in the future should I decide to change anything.
          I'm not sure Stamati what you meant by "picking the right tool and running with it". I picked the "Conveyor Belt tool" and although it serves my purpose it wouldn't allow me to add a "mouseover" border. Hence this thread.

Comment

Working...
          X