Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My files have changed to Safari

Hi,
    I recently downloaded a HTML template from a known good site.
    I used win-zip to decompress it. i put it onto a large zip drive that I use for storage.
    When I moved it to my BV folder on my local drive, I noticed all of my other files including the template files are now Safari Documents, which cannot be opened with the BV editor. I right clicked on the "index document" file to change the format to open it with, ~ BV or IE, but it still goes back to a Safari document.
    I don't use Safari for nothing. Can someone give me an idea as to how I can resort back to the IE file format?
    Thanks
    www.SflaMarineRepair.com
    Have a Great day!

Re: My files have changed to Safari

The procedure is more or less standard: Go in My Documents, BlueVoda, right click an whatever BV file, Select Properties, and the "Open with" -> select BlueVoda.

If it doesn't work, maybe you should restore your system to a day or two before this happened.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for the response.
      I found that when I updated my I-Tunes, it loaded the Safari browser along with it which switched the html files to Safari format and made Safari my default browser.
      Once I uninstalled Safari, everything come back to IE.

I'm thinking my next question might be better served in another category/thread... but I'll give it a try.

My template is a html CSS. When I open it into BV through File/New Page/From existing html page, The page is very disorganized from the original. Would it be better for me to ftp the pages to the CPanel and then use the BV editor, or it wont make a differance?

I spent a lot of time editing the pages with Dreamweaver and I would hate to have to re-edit them in the BV editor again.

Thanks
      www.SflaMarineRepair.com
      Have a Great day!

Comment

If you have pages ready, you can simply FTP them using FTP.

Usually DW allows you to export all files in a local folder (creating the necessary subfolders structure) so you simply need to uplaod these files.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so much!
          Hopefully everything will go smoothly with the FTP. Have a wonderful day.
          www.SflaMarineRepair.com
          Have a Great day!

Comment

Working...
          X