install a banner or something that counting precents while my site pages are loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rent4you
    Corporal

• Oct 2010

install a banner or something that counting precents while my site pages are loading

Hello everyone,
    please kindly try to help me with my problem as soon as better.
    my sites files are loading very slow.
    that's after i shrinked all the pic files and did everything that is needed.
    my thought is that since all of my users connecting abroad and far away as me also, the pages is just loading too slow.

after i checked everything i thought that in order not to lose clients on my site since not all the users have patient to wait and they move to the next site (that is my competitors).

i want to install a banner (or any other it named) that show the user a "circle" with "precent counting" and a message: "please wait while loading"
    and all of that in order the users wont think that my site is stucked.

please advise what do i need to do\install
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: install a banner or something that counting precents while my site pages are load

You can't in simple html sites. Only Flash sites and PHP sites where you have added specific code to buffer the page content and flush it after buffering is complete, can display such a "progress" bar or circle.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Tom Finley
      Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

Re: install a banner or something that counting precents while my site pages are load

You can find a "fake" progress bar at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

Search for the word "progress" and several progress bar scripts will come up. Choose one you like, making sure it works on all browsers.
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
      X