X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images popup issue

Hi,
    hope you can help....
    I haven't published the page yet so you can't check it, as I want to use it as a template.
    I want to work an image system and can't find any posts that cover my requirement.
    I have used rollover before, but this isn't quite what I need this time, and pop-up in a separate box isn't right either.
    Is there any way I can create a similar process, except that when I click on a thumnail the roll over appears in a separate box?
    My layout involves 12 small thumbnails and one large box in the centre- I'd like the centre box to show the appropriate thumbnail as it is clicked.

Hopefully some-one has already solved this problem?
    many thanks, S
    cheers muchly,
    Sharon Simmons

www.gemporium.biz for funky artphotos
    www.gemporiumtm.etsy.com for funky jewellery

Re: Images popup issue

Check this post. May it be what you are looking for?

Scroll over images in different section of webpage
    German
    www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Hi, that's great- will check it out...didn't see this one at all.
      Question though, do I assume that when the author puts in the events Image 1 & 2, image 1 refers to the small button image, and image 2 refers to the bigger image? That's how I make sense of it.
      Also, I've played with a little HTML in the pages, but never used events- is there a section for tutorilas on how/what to do with them?

fingers crossed this works a treat,
      many thanks,
      s.
      cheers muchly,
      Sharon Simmons

Comment

Hi Sharon:

Image1, Image2, etc., are referred to the pictures being shown or hidden when the mouse hovers over or out of the respective button.
        So far, this system has worked for me only with Shapes, not with text boxes or images. Therefore, if your button is a miniature picture or a text box, you would need to cover it with an empty, transparent and frameless shape. Then, you assign the events to that shape. The shape MUST be brought to the front, above any other object in the same area, for the events to work.
        German
        www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Hi, thanks for that, I will layoiut the buttons like that- I do most of my images that way anyway.
          Question, though, when layering the quantity of large images how do you manage that? Do you just add the image file one on top of each other independantly? then add shape box? or do thay all go into the shape effect? Can't see how to put them all in.
          Thanks, s.
          cheers muchly,
          Sharon Simmons

Comment

Hi, just to add, if it hElps anyone else, got it working now, but the procedure was different in a few ways....
            I found it best to do one button + one image at a time due to the labelling system. You can keep your own pic names as the system uses own labels for the added elements.

The mouse over instructions need to be applied in the button shape, not the main shape.

The button image can be inserted as part of its fill properties- no need to add it as an image with the shape overlaid.

I am having one small issue with all the centre pics showing at once for the first few mouse-over passes round the whole set, but then it starts showing each centre image as it should. I haven't published properly yet- so that may stop once it's live.

Anyway, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
            s.
            cheers muchly,
            Sharon Simmons

Comment

Hi Sharon:

You are right. I made a mistake in my prior post when I wrote that the inserted images do not support Events. In fact, they do. Only Text Boxes don't.
              German
              www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Working...
              X