• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zuzkalie
    Private First Class

• Apr 2009

Single Menu page will not centre and image issues

Hi Guys

I built my website couple of years ago with no problem. I am trying to update it and decided to use a single menu page system. Followed the instruction and all works fine apart from the fact that pages will not display in the centre of the screen but slightly to the right. It doesnt matter if I left align or centre the page, it will always display in the same place when published.

Second issue I have are images. After publishing, all images are there, but when you click on them they will not enlarge. The images I put on the site originally two years ago work fine. I am doing exacly the same thing as far as I know. I link them through file tab - and find the image in the file, create the pop up bits etc but when published there is an error when you click on the image.

This is a test page to show page alignment and image errors.

Many thanks for your help.

Zuzana
    Zuzana

www.tradefurnishing.co.uk
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Single Menu page will not centre and image issues

On the page you provided, the Main Menu (across the top of page) is centered just fine, and is working fine as well.

The images in your array do in fact open a new, smaller pop-up window with an enlarged view, but it appears that the second row of images have not been loaded up to the server (along with a couple in other rows beneath).

When navigating to other pages in the site, not all are centered in browser, and many pages appear as if they are out of position, aligned further "right" than they should be, suggesting that you are not aligning your page designs fully flush-left in your BlueVoda workpane.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Zuzkalie
      Private First Class

• Apr 2009

Thank you Vasili, I checked this test page on couple of computers and it is always showing slightly to the right, but if it looks ok on yours I will leave it.

The pictures - the first row are the images that were on my original page and always worked fine, but I have added the second row of pictures exactly the same way through the image icon, and then linked it to the image. I have never loaded pictures to the server directly do I need to do that now, should it not load automatically?
      Zuzana

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Providing a link to an image that is not where it is supposed to be will never produce an image as desired.

Comment

• Zuzkalie
          Private First Class

• Apr 2009

I have never had to upload images to the server manually. It was always done automatically. This is the way I have always done it:

Clicked on image icon and found an image I wanted to use. Resized it to a smaller size, then double clicked the image, choose Link Tab, clicked on link type and picked "file", then found the image I wanted it linked to. Published and it worked.

So as this doesn't seem to work anymore, where do I upload the images to in the cpanel? Sorry I am not very technical that's why I found BlueVoda software so easy first time round. Just don't know what I am doing wrong now.
          Zuzana

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You should be loading your separate, "larger" versions of the thumbnails that are shown in your page display to your IMAGES folder within your public_html/ directory (root directory) of your hosting account using the BlueFTP Tool.

This way, when you provide a link to your image, it will 'find' it and present it in the pop-up as intended.
            A proper link might look like this: www.YourDomain.com/images/style-enlarged.jpg

>> How to use BlueFTP

Comment

• Zuzkalie
              Private First Class

• Apr 2009

Great that works! Thanks so much for your time, I am sure I didnt have to do this last time.

Zuz
              Zuzana

Comment

Working...
              X