• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sorcel
    Corporal

• Apr 2007

Target folder for images

Hi,

For some time I have been working on different multi-lingual sites. I have one small issue, where I need some advice.

In my: options - publish - target folders, all images are published to a folder called images.

With a multi-lingual site that means that I have an image folder in each subdirectory - ie www.domain.com/en/images, www.domain.com/fi/images, www.domain.com/fr/images.

Is there any way to set it up so that I have a common image library www.domain.com/images ?

C.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Target folder for images

Allow BlueVoda to properly configure your site structure automatically with regard to Images the way it was intended, not only for consistent rendering, but to comply with standard protocols.

No need to attempt to re-invent the wheel unnecessarily or rail against prevailing logic and WWW/server/SEO formatting.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• sorcel
      Corporal

• Apr 2007

I am not a native American so I do not understand your answer. I just have a very simple question. The answer may be no - this is not possible. It may be - this is how to do it.

Just to make my issue a bit clearer. Take the site I am presently working on: http://www.decorus.fr - the site is being set up to support 3 languages. Each language has files with similar names in subdirectories en/fin/fr. The texts are different - naturally - but the images are the same. At present there are 3 sets of exactly the same images on the vodahost server - one set in an image folder in each of the subdirectories en/fin/fr.

I saw that on the tools menu - there is options and there you have publish. Here you can specify where you want gifs, jpgs, etc. Right now it says "images" - I was simply wondering if there was a syntax here for putting it up a level - eg ../images or something similar. If it is possible - what is the synatx - if not - just say it straight out in plain English.

C.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

OK - in plain, simple, easy-to-understand English (the Official Language of the WWW and computer formatting): "Allow BlueVoda to properly configure your site structure automatically with regard to Images the way it was intended, not only for consistent rendering, but to comply with standard protocols. No need to attempt to re-invent the wheel unnecessarily or rail against prevailing logic and WWW/server/SEO formatting."
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X