PhotoShop template from DreamTemplates...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andie55
    Private First Class

• Nov 2011

PhotoShop template from DreamTemplates...

I finally got the photoshop template uploaded [a special one for my daughter-in-law's business that she likes], now it's small on the page and I can't figure out a way to make it bigger and/or to work with it. It's sitting there like a photo.... I DO have brain-injuries so if I've missed something obvious, please don't be afraid to tell me a step you'd think might be too basic...

I used to do webpages in Front Page years ago and, with enough time, managed it. If I can get this thing figured out, I think my life just opened up again!

Thank you for any help you can give me; I have some basic information on editing photoshop but if there is anything I can learn to know how to use these template[s] on Blue Voda, that would be awesome! TY!
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: PhotoShop template from DreamTemplates...

That's exactly what a PSD (or Photoshop file) is, and that is all it will do until you edit it (for size) using either Photoshop, a photo editor, or some other tool just as you would any other image ...

Part of the Membership at Dream Templates is access to the tools and tips to make customizing your template easier and efficient.

Please refer to them for any assistance > http://www.dreamtemplate.com/features.shtml
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• andie55
      Private First Class

• Nov 2011

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      That's exactly what a PSD (or Photoshop file) is, and that is all it will do until you edit it (for size) using either Photoshop, a photo editor, or some other tool just as you would any other image ...

Part of the Membership at Dream Templates is access to the tools and tips to make customizing your template easier and efficient.

Please refer to them for any assistance > http://www.dreamtemplate.com/features.shtml
      "I've been checking on DT, haven't found it yet but I'll keep looking :)
      So - I create the website totally in PhotoShop and only open it intthe BlueVoda page / site to publish it?
      I always get "UNEXPECTED FILE FORMAT" as an error, tried changing it simply to jgp to see if that would work but it didn't.
      I DO have brain injuries and am having a difficult time find the right information I need to put the thoughts together in the right time frame so I can "get it". I've tried learning the tutorials and such but when I keep misisng the tidbit of info. I need, I get really tangled and lose track of it all. I've gotten THIS far now, anything more 'succinct' / 'complete' Im missing as an info source?
      Right now I'm thinking for BlueVoda, that I just need to know how to fix the file format problem to upload / publish it
      and to to DreamTemplates and/or PhotoShop for anything else. Is that correct [please tell me if I'm on the right mountain here, if I'm looking in the right direction. Thanks!! :)

Comment

• andie55
        Private First Class

• Nov 2011

Also, I'm looking at the freebie "GIMP" that is supposed to do PhotoShop's job. Do you happen to know if I should pursue that avenue (to save having to buy PhotoShop because I can't right now) or keep pecking away at learning PS because it might be more compatible to get on Blue Voda. TY!

Comment

• andie55
          Private First Class

• Nov 2011

I was told I COULD use a 3rd party template in BV, taken me months to get this far and have been paying for hosting on BV without getting a site up yet... CAN IT BE DONE? Do I have to abandon this project or is there hope somewhere in what I've written? Mostly I seem to be mising the ability to get a photoshop template up and published somewhere. It seemed like BV was a safe bet but was I wrong? Is there a more obvious solution that a rookie doesn't know yet? TY again :)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You can certainly purchase a Premium Template from anyone you prefer, and use it to create a website at VodaHost, but there is no support, instruction, or assistance available from anyone at VodaHost or in the Forums to help you customize the Template or perform tasks for you at all.

In any event, to make changes to a PSD Template, you will need the proper software - there is no shortcuts in that regard. A Photoshop-like program might work, but it will need to be fully compatible with Photoshop to be of any use. It is up to you to find a title that is both available and that you can use easily enough.

You will need to find the Support you need to customize the Template you purchased directly from the people you purchased it from (as part of the purchase package itself), or from the Community that particular Seller maintains, just not here in these Forums, sorry!

ALTERNATIVE METHOD

Because BlueVoda is "HTML generator" and not an "editor" the only way you can use this raw PSD image with BlueVoda to create a website is to use it as a page base, importing it into a BV Page as an image to be the bottom-most layer in your page design.

You can then create BlueVoda Shapes to lay over the areas that need to be customized, and by using the "eye-dropper" color sampler tool, color the shapes the same color as the background of the PSD image so the Shapes completely and seamlessly conceal those areas that need to be changed.
            In the same "layering" technique, once you have 'covered' the areas of the image to be 'customized' (hidden these pre-formatted areas in the image) you can then create and lay Text and other imported images as additional "layers" over the page wherever you wish to give the appearance of a fully "customized" page.

This method (layering elements to constitute a "whole" composite) is a basic BV method, and is one that you can use confidently to utilize this PSD template image to create a website that is uniquely yours. You'll undoubtedly need to experiment and practice before reaching a refined overall design that you're satisfied with, but it's still a process you must do yourself on your own, at your own pace.

I know you can do this and end up with a totally stunning site design - it will just take a bit of time, so be patient!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• andie55
              Private First Class

• Nov 2011

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to actually help me. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! THANK YOU!
              Deb :)

Comment

Working...
              X