• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mackan
    Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Too many images for LightBox?

Beginning to have a problem with having too many images in a LightBox. It´s hard to upload since it sends every image each time, not just the ones I have aded. I have LightBoxes with over 100 images and I would like to have even more. Any ideas how to solve this or do I need to link to an other solution like Picasa or Jalbum?

Thanks,
    Mats

Mats Tegnér
    Snickis.se
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Too many images for LightBox?

Rather than adding hard-code to an already 'page-heavy' LightBox script by specifying images singly to be "loaded" (as well as published/re-published each time), it is often wiser to pre-load them to the server manually and instead enter the URL into LightBox for each image to merely be rendered (as a lean and smooth scripted function) rather than as an image statically embedded onto the page.

And, personally (as a footnote), I prefer JAlbum with the newly added features and volume of available free themes than messing with the nefarious nuances of the "take-it-or-leave-it" boilerplate Picassa (Google, actually) and the plaguing issues surrounding Privacy, unauthorized distribution, third-party access, etc. Since JAlbum is included in cPanel's Fantastico and thus simple to install, customize entirely, and manage as a real extension of the single Domain, keeping everything simple, clean, and (for all intents and purposes) on one unified 'platform' (a single VH server), the implied assurance of integrated performance is much more satisfactory along with being more visually appealing. To me, anyway.

Var sa godt!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X