• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rians
    Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Full-Screen Website Display

Hi there. In BlueVoda website builder you can set the width of the website, so for example it can be 800 wide by 1000 high. That could work for some screen sizes, but will look quite awkward on others.

How can one set the screen size so that it fills the whole screen on most computer monitors? Most websites display like that but with BlueVoda I have not been able to figure out how to do that.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Website display across various screen sizes

As has been repeatedly discussed, 'Fluid' or 'Stretched' pages are not possible using BlueVoda.

If you are using another platform (Wordpress, phpBB Forum, osCommerce Shopping Cart, HTML Website, etc.) you will find specifically designed site Templates available for purchase, as shown here > http://www.vodahost.com/web-hosting-...deo-tutorials/ (note in details of each the required platform required for each Template)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• mrossi917
      Private

• Dec 2012

Need coding for automatic re-sizing depending on end users screen size

I am trying to get this entire website to automatically re-size depending on the size screen used by the end user. To maybe clarify, if I am using an smartphone or a LCD TV, the website doesn't adjust to the size (resolution) of the screen. Is there a specific coding that I need to use? to enable this to occur? I apologize if I haven't properly explained this.

Client ID is: idealhea

If there is any further information needed please let me know and I will try to provide it to you. Thank you.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Need coding for automatic re-sizing depending on end users screen size

You'll find the details you seek to build a proper understanding here > Create MOBI Webs With Blue Voda

Comment

• mrossi917
          Private

• Dec 2012

Thank you for the quick reply, but I'm not looking to purchasing a .mobi domain (just yet). But on the other end of it, for example going from a 17" laptop monitor to a 42" LCD TV. The website does not automatically re-size, only the background seems to do so. I have found several examples online but I haven't be able to get it to work properly.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Optical Illusion: A TV is just like a monitor, in that any display will react to presets of resolution, and the TV in fact allows options for widescreen (which unfortunately stretches the display, as round objects become oval), original settings, and even a Zoom view (which invariably cuts off the left and right portions of the horizontally aligned formatting).

It is not logical to point to the opposite contrast to define what you think is a Logic - things simply do not work like that, despite any "comparisons" or articulated thinking: to display properly on a smaller formatted cell phone, you will need to design a web page within the parameters as described as for a MOBI site. Otherwise, you will just have to deal.

If you simply wish to format your website so it reforms across any type of display, you will need to choose a platform other than BlueVoda that is compatible with a 'Stretched' or 'Fluid' template that automatically fills the device screen displays, no matter what size the Viewer is using (they will NOT work on cell phones, however, based on the formatting code they are intended to functionalize). You can find regular HTML websites with pre-formatted Fluid Templates, as well as for other platforms such as Wordpress, Joomla, Mambo, Swish8, Flash, etc.

You might do well to view the selection of Premium Fluid (Stretched) Templates shown HERE just to become more familiar with the concept and to better evaluate your needs or requirements. Note these templates are all organized as "Stretched" specifically, and not according to the particular platform they are written for .... you can see this only when drilling into the Template Detail Page (where you can also view a live Demo). To find a Fluid Template for Wordpress, for example, you may have to browse the Wordpress selection to find the few Fluid designs available.

You can't have it both ways, and whichever you choose, you must comply with the universal protocols and standards. Wordpress, Joomla, Mambo, osCommerce, ZEN Cart, and Soholaunch Stretched templates are fairly easy to deal with, as they are installed just like any other template, and customization follows the same normal procedures. Not so with other platforms, though. If you choose a HTML Stretched template, you will need to know how to code HTML in order to customize the Template. If the Template is Flashed-based, you will need to both have Flash software and know how to use it in order to customize the template. And so on.

To make your progress much less stressful, try embracing the given concepts fully rather than invent an illogical logic of your own.
            It's just easier!

Comment

Working...
            X