• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monica13080
    • Sep 2024

LightBox Images Too Large

Hi,

It has been a long time since I've used Blue Voda and so much has changed. The Lightbox is just what I need.

There is a trial light box and image of settings I used to create it. It looks fine until you click on the image. It doesn't come up with a slightly larger view, it appears HUGE taking up the whole page needing to scroll to see it and looks like it has parts of other pictures.

I went thru the tutorial twice not getting any clues. Did what it said. Tried photo gallery and did had any luck with that either. You would click on the picture and it would not enlarge.

I REALLY need some help before I pull all the hair out of my head!!!!

Thank you,

Monica
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: LightBox Images Too Large

LightBox requires manual pre-formatting of the second, "larger" image to be displayed to be the appropriate size (it does not "auto-fit" images to the page or to a preset - which should be obvious, since there are no such preset size options available as there are when adding your Thumbnails).

For Example: if your page is 984 pixels wide, the Common Rule (logic) is to format the enlarged images to be at least 1/3 smaller than the margins of your page, meaning 700-775 pixels wide. If your page has a preset depth, this must also be taken into consideration so that LightBox will not conflict with actual page margins -- let the ratio re-sizing guides be the aspect to govern your final image dimensions.

LightBox works best if all images in the defined set are the same size and orientation.

* If you do not have a capable photo editor, download for free from VodaHost the PixResizer which will not only capably re-size your images, but will simultaneously reduce the image file size (optimize the image).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X