• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tale
    Private

• Nov 2012

square appears around visited image

Hi,

I have little images on my index page that are link to another pages. After visiting the link, a dotted square appear around the image on the index page. What could I do to get rid of that?

Thanks for your help in advance,
    tale
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: square appears around visited image

> Read Before You Post

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• tale
      Private

• Nov 2012

Unfortunately I can't explain it any better. When I press the images link everything works fine, but if I go back to the index page I see a square dotted line around the visited image. I have only published the index page, so if you could look at it, the help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
      tale

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Since you are using ROLLOVER IMAGES as a hyperlink (INSERT > EXTRA > ROLLOVER IMAGE > LINK Tab) you cannot apply STYLES (FORMAT > STYLES > HYPERLINK Tab) as you would for normal Text Links to include different displays for "Linked, Visited, Active, and Hover" .... yet nothing should prevent immediate reset back to the default image display once Hover/Mouseover ceases.

You should, however, reset the type of link TARGET for your images from "_blank" (which opens in a new Tab) to the default "blank space" (so to open in same Tab/Window, switching page views entirely, which "refreshes" both the originating and the destination pages due to the browser request for download of the new page) .... as this might resolve the fact you are switching from page to page focused on image links that cannot reset themselves after functioning.

* The use of TARGET = "_blank" (to open pages in a new Tab/Window) should be reserved for Outbound Links only (to separate sites other than the originating) or for referenced destinations, and not for common/usual site transitions (and definitively not "Visitor-Friendly" at all). Search Engines will attribute non-Compliance negative valuations to this navigation method if used site-wide rather than the accepted method, as it is not typical, common, or supportive of any cogent Site Relevance.

The "outline" of your image link is simply your browser reacting to the configuration of the image as a link and offers you (the User) a visual aid as a prompt ... if the outline remains after use, it is simply your browser retaining last-function as history in case you wish to re-use it. Clicking once anywhere on the page will release this browser anticipation. Additionally, once you reset your Link TARGET, this will become a moot point.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• tale
          Private

• Nov 2012

Thank you so much for your reply, I'll try that.

tale

Comment

Working...
          X