• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stlsrgn
    Corporal

• Jan 2007

Randon button appears on each page.

I'm in the process of redoing my website: www.careyblade.com
    I built all my pages fresh from a new template, previewed them in my browser and everything looks great.
    Then I published them and I get this random button "shop tour" on the right site of all pages.
    I used to have a "shop tour" button in my menu bar of my old website on the left side.
    I don't know how to make it go away.

Can anyone help me please?

Pete
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Randon button appears on each page.

Delete it from your Template ... it may be 'orphaned' and under another element, if not off to the side of the page: be sure to find it, delete it, and re-publish your pages if needed.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• stlsrgn
      Corporal

• Jan 2007

Randon button appears on each page #2

I'm not sure why you locked this thread, your answer doesn't seem to be the answer, I also thought that's what it was, I searched in grid patterns with my mouse clicking away, nothing.

Also this is a new PC with a fresh download of BV, starting from scratch with a new template that never had a "shop tour" button, so it couldn't be in my template in the 1st place.
      It even goes outside of my page width.
      So it is somewhere else!

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Pete

Random button appears on each page.
      I'm in the process of redoing my website: www.careyblade.com
      I built all my pages fresh from a new template, previewed them in my browser and everything looks great.
      Then I published them and I get this random button "shop tour" on the right site of all pages.
      I used to have a "shop tour" button in my menu bar of my old website on the left side.
      I don't know how to make it go away.

Can anyone help me please?

Pete

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Randon button appears on each page.

First, I don't see anything like you describe, so you may simply need to just refresh your browser to load entirely the new page version (or if needed, clean your browser cache, Temp files, etc.).

Still an issue? The following may help you sort it out ...

CNTRL+A will select (highlight) all items on a BlueVoda page to better ID the errant element.

You can't have it both ways: you say everything is new, yet you are using a 'Template' and your "old" website had a button on it exactly as you describe. If you are creating pages via the SAVE PAGE AS method, you will run into difficulties, as BV12 requires you to embed dynamic elements (Menus, buttons, hyperlinks, Lightbox, etc.) individually prior to saving each page. (This issue has been discussed numerous times in the Forums, dealing with the various dysfunctionality that results from trying to circumvent the required method)

Obviously you have an orphaned element SOMEWHERE that you are "duplicating" into your pages. Find it, delete it, and move on.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X