• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HB van Zyl
    Private

• Apr 2013

Auto Resizing

How do I get my webpages/website to automatically re-size to the various screen sizes of my visitors?

HB
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Auto Resizing

Originally posted by HB van Zyl View Post
    How do I get my webpages/website to automatically re-size to the various screen sizes of my visitors?
    Fluid, or dynamic backgrounds are not possible using BlueVoda, so you will instead have to create a background and a page design that meets your creative requirements. For more on how to create your own background, review the suggestions HERE.

If you wish to format your website so it reforms across any type of display, you will need to choose a platform other than BlueVoda that is compatible with a 'Stretched' or 'Fluid' template that automatically fills the device screen displays, no matter what size the Viewer is using (they will NOT work on cell phones, however, based on the formatting code they are intended to functionalize -- Mobile Site Standards).

Soholaunch is a web builder that creates dynamic (stretched) websites entirely, and you can auto-install Soholaunch upon a single domain (only one installation of Soholaunch per hosting account) via the Fantastico feature in your cPanel. You can also find regular HTML websites with pre-formatted Fluid Templates, as well as for other platforms such as Wordpress, Joomla, Mambo, Swish8, Flash, etc.

You might do well to view the selection of Premium Fluid (Stretched) Templates shown HERE just to become more familiar with the concept and to better evaluate your needs or requirements. Note these templates are all organized as "Stretched" specifically, and not according to the particular platform they are written for .... you can see this only when drilling into the Template Detail Page (where you can also view a live Demo). To find a Fluid Template for Wordpress, for example, you may have to browse the Wordpress selection to find the few Fluid designs available.

Whichever you choose, you must comply with the universal protocols and standards. Wordpress, Joomla, Mambo, osCommerce, ZEN Cart, and Soholaunch Stretched templates are fairly easy to deal with, as they are installed just like any other template, and customization follows the same normal procedures. Not so with other platforms, though. If you choose a HTML Stretched template, you will need to know how to code HTML in order to customize the Template. If the Template is Flashed-based, you will need to both have Flash software and know how to use it in order to customize the template. And so on.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X