Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discover Network allows Fraudlent Charges on Merchant account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discover Network allows Fraudlent Charges on Merchant account!

I spent about 4 hours on the phone with Discover for a $49.95 Fee being charged off my Merchant Account. I originally assumed it was some sort of Dispute. But.. I couldnt go back and find any transaction that matched that amount in the last 90 days...

So I call them.. and it seems that they have some MERCHANT LEGAL ASSOCIATION affiliate, who BILLED my Merchant account for the fees for this club, without SPEAKING TO ME OR WAITING for approval. I informed them this is illegal, and its the second time Discover Network has pulled this bogus stuff, and to put me on their NO CONTACT for SOLICITATION list. In fact I dont know how they are getting off this little charade because my merchant account isnt a revolving door like a credit card...!!

I urge all of you who accept discover to check your statements immediately and start making some calls.

Discover Customer Service 1-800-347-2000

Merchant Technical Solutions making the charge 1-888-673-1308

Discover Corp Customer Service Liason 1 888 347 3204

Make sure to call the last number and let them know you dont appreciate your merchant account being abused in this manner. I also ripped their legal department a new blooter hole, as they cant FIND or retrieve the supposed RECORDED conversation that their contract with this company says they are to have to ASSURE compliance and ASSURE the charges are legit. Im getting my refund, and Im also letting all the merchants I can find KNOW about the charges. Im sure I wont be the only one!

The last number also allows you to file a FORMAL complaint into the system. When I get this resolved, They go bye bye and can find someone else to try to rip off. Btw.. its supposed to be $49.95 a month!

If they havent gotten to you yet or your billing cycle hasnt come due yet, it will keep watching!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Discover Network allows Fraudlent Charges on Merchant account!

Discover bites, especially since they were recently aquired.

Everything about them has been degraded, including network protocol.

I am no longer accepting Discover Cards as method of payment, since the fees for the privilege of doing so are now more than 7 times that of American Express and represent less than 2% of my overall business.

Who needs them? Even if they get their act together, it will be too late, as American Express continues to roll out products that supercede anything previously available.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Discover Network allows Fraudlent Charges on Merchant account!

Vasili

I agree.. I will be losing them as they represent a very small fraction of the transactions, and.. if the customer has a discover chances are they also carry one of the other major players as well. If they dont, then theres always paypal. :)

Im waiting for this dispute to settle and have already started working on blocking their acquiring access to my shopping carts and merchant account. When the money is back where it belongs, they will be dropped like a hot potato. I also will be adding a FAQ on the discover card issue and why its not accepted! Well at least until they notify me I have to take it down..LOLOL.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X