Design Ideas welcome for an e commerce store using BV and not Soho??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jiwanejko
    Corporal

• Jun 2007

Design Ideas welcome for an e commerce store using BV and not Soho??

Hi, before I start diving into designing my site, I would like to get some experienced feedback from those of you who may have already built a successful e commerce website. I want to use Bv and not Soho if possible. I will be selling greeting cards at the wholesale level. I have a lot of different types of cards to display. I would like to use a 3-tier design. For example: 1st level home page links..(Home, 3d cards, everyday cards, Gift bags, contact us, etc.) with navigation to the 2nd page(Birthday, get well, anniversary sympathy, etc). At this level I would like to have a jpg and description of all the various cards, for the specific type, listed from top to bottom. 1pic for each card. When a customer finds a specific design they like, they would click on the design and it would take them to the 3rd-tier. Here a little larger jpg would pop-up, as the only picture on this page, with a form to enter their order information. ie. a shopping cart. Well, that's the basic plan. I just need to know how to do it in Bv and not Soho if possible? Any and all suggestions and links are welcome.

Thanks, John.
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Design Ideas welcome for an e commerce store using BV and not Soho??

John,
    This would be easy to do in BV - but you need to decide how/who to use for the shopping cart. Do you have a merchant account? Do you plan to get one? Or do you intend to use only paypal? Paypal will work. A merchant account will work with shopping carts like CartManager or Mal's E.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• SherylT
      Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

Re: Design Ideas welcome for an e commerce store using BV and not Soho??

John:

It sounds like you want your site set up similar to one that I have (Cust-M-Cartoons).

Under my Friendly Folks Designs tab, I have "categories". When each category is clicked on, the various designs pop up. Click on specific design and that takes you to an order page.

Take a look . . . I'm sure this would work for your greeting cards.
      Sheryl Tupa
      Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
      Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
      New Baby Cartoons
      Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
      Cloud Nine Photo Magic
      Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Comment

Working...
      X