• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinn
    Private

• Aug 2007

Virtual business centre

My friend is thinking about a virtual business center creating where small business units can occupy an virtual office; perhaps it will have a big virtual conference hall, where participants communicate online in a separate virtual room; besides the center would have fair and exhibition hall. I have not came across to something like this. What do you think? Is it worth money and forces investing?
    Outsourcing Custom Software Development
  • philipc9635
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Re: Virtual business centre

Sounds like a great concept a bit like the Virtual World Concept. I think you would need a bit of capital behind you!!
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• WSBlue
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

where (city and country) did your friends plan to have this?
      It will be great doing it in a big city.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Sinn View Post
        My friend is thinking about a virtual business center creating where small business units can occupy an virtual office; perhaps it will have a big virtual conference hall, where participants communicate online in a separate virtual room; besides the center would have fair and exhibition hall. I have not came across to something like this. What do you think? Is it worth money and forces investing?
        Philip's comment about needing significant capital and investment is quite true: to do something anywhere near what you are dreaming of would require prorpietary software being written and self-hosted servers.......I have been alluding to the many pratfalls in trying to do something like this for over a year now, and am yet doggedly pursuing talks with the majors trying to find a way to morph a solution without having to shell out the minimum $100,000 it would take to do something worthwhile.

You are musing about "chat" technologies (which is not permitted nor supported here at VodaHost), interactive mode scripting, and unlimited access to online applications (which does not exist -- you have to purchase multiple "seat" licenses, and they are not transferrable to outside Users nor configurable to reside in a partitioned enviornment) to make the functionality of interacting even feasible. Even if you tweak a forum to act as a mock "conference hall" or "meeting room" (public or private, as in for each client as a sub-directory), you will not have even the simplest interface with basic applications such as ACT, QuickBooks, SalesForce, AdPac, or anything Oracle (the major source of many of the CRM platforms that can be made to perform tasks beyond their intent)!

That is why you don't see many "competitors" online even now: the costs to set this up and the ROI do not justify the marketability or level of service demanded. It is far cheaper and more functional to simply set up each organization with their own online functionality.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X