Huge Question on our server/hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Question on our server/hosting

ok this is what i was asked ....a guy wants to find someone to host his website but he wants what i have a server/cpanelx/fantastico now i was told we can use our server due to 9999 domains etc we can have but if that is possible how do i give him his own login and password to access everything like we can on bluevoda without them using my login and password? guess it kinda like reseller package i guess don't know and if it cannot be done with ours where can i go to become a reseller to do so?

Thanks
    Jim
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Re: Huge Question on our server/hosting

Originally posted by naghosthunter View Post
    ok this is what i was asked ....a guy wants to find someone to host his website but he wants what i have a server/cpanelx/fantastico now i was told we can use our server due to 9999 domains etc we can have but if that is possible how do i give him his own login and password to access everything like we can on bluevoda without them using my login and password? guess it kinda like reseller package i guess don't know and if it cannot be done with ours where can i go to become a reseller to do so?

Thanks
    Jim
    You have to have a seperate VH account for every customer Jim. If you make yourself 20 websites and they all belong to you then this is okay, but if you make a site for a friend or business aquaintance then they must have their own VH account.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Jim
      The first thing is with VOdahosting, reselling is a n o no, says so in the TOS.
      But more than that, when you have your clients get their own hosting package there is a really clear delineation regarding finances. And if down the road you and your friend are no longer friends you just walk away, and you don't have the messiness of entwined $ to sort out; keeps it all really clean..
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich View Post
        Jim
        The first thing is with VOdahosting, reselling is a n o no, says so in the TOS.
        But more than that, when you have your clients get their own hosting package there is a really clear delineation regarding finances. And if down the road you and your friend are no longer friends you just walk away, and you don't have the messiness of entwined $ to sort out; keeps it all really clean..
        Great point Liz!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Great point? ..... Oh my!

Sounds rather familiar somehow, doesn't it, to the mantra one some un-named follicly disadvantaged personna in our Community?
          One that has been repeated, re-hashed, re-defined, and re-worded to the "nth" degree?

Terms of Service, ICANN Rules, general ethics, proper law.....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

hmmm sounds like someone's trying to challenge the law of this world where no matter what you say or how you put it... no matter if it's in big bold 80 ft letters... there will always be someone who will ask the very same question....

You will never win that challenge my friend.....

This is the world according to God... Apparently!

Comment

Working...
            X