marketing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marketing question

I posted a question asking if anyone used a certain software to market there website but I guess it was deleted because it looked like spam. well I am a bv member and I just wanted to know before I purchased the software if it was worth it or not. I guess i won't mention the name but it is software that automatically lists your site with free classified sites on the web and other free type sites. anyone use such type software?

Re: marketing question

Those types of software programs are purely a waste of time, as they not only perform extremely poorly (if at all), but they exist only to "collect" as much information about you and your websites as possible to send back to the developer who then sells your info to spammers, loads you up with spam, and so on.

Additionally, most boda fide websites do not allow automated links seeding, applications, associations, or any other interaction: they too, regard it as a bot attempt to spam them!

Manual application/submission is the best method to submit your site to other "relevant" websites, for not only do you comply with the methodology required by them, but you have the opportunity to evaluate the values of the site itself. If you are not picky about the types of sites you are submitting to or where you place links, you risk "devaluing" your site by disregarding true relevancy and/or reciprocol metrics.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I had a feeling it was too good to be true. I hate the way the web has so many scams on it. thanks vasili

Comment

This one may help you and it's free. I have great result
        after I used this software.

Regards,

Zlatko

P.S. Please, administrators be nice and don't del my post
        www.mercataworld.com
        www.marradonconstructions.com
        www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

Originally posted by zc290549 View Post
          This one may help you and it's free. I have great result
          after I used this software.

Regards,

Zlatko

P.S. Please, administrators be nice and don't del my post
          Hey, Z-Man! Long time, no see!

The WebCEO is a neat analytical tool, but the fact remains, manual submission is the best way to go.....always will be, no matter how many promises are sprinkled throughout!

Comment

G'Day Vasili, I always respect your answer to ours members
            WebCEO is one great tool for our virgin members in this Voda
            Land Community.

Regards,

Zlatko
            www.mercataworld.com

Comment

Zlatko - if you don't put things in as affiliate links, you shouldn't have a problem - that's most likely why some of your posts/links have been changed/deleted in the past.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth

I ask this just so I can understand the rules of this forum.

Why is a link such as the one Zlatko listed, considered an affiliate link?

Is the free offering at his link, a disguised affiliate destination?

If the visitor gets something for free and it's useful (at least a little bit); why is that considered an affiliate link?

Just trying to figure this stuff out! I do a lot of surfing and reading about various web marketing subjects and I might run across something that I think would be of interest to the forum readers, but don't want to get "blackballed" for trying to be helpful!

Comment

Dave,

Zlatko's link was not an affiliate link....Beth was merely referring to instances in the past where she modified his posts whenever he provided links to his sites that she deemed improperly posted.

Consider.....the rules of this forum are quite plain about the types of affiliate links allowable to be posted, and basically they boil down to this (*briefed from the Rules posted at the top of the Classifieds Forums, and especially apply to the Classifieds):

1. You need to be a VH client

2. The site "referred to" must be a site hosted at VH (in General forums, it's wise to keep them specific to the issue or solution i.e. dynamicdrive.com, sitereportcard.com etc.)

3. The affiliate program must be yours (either enrolled in or established by you - a VH client), and,

4. The referred links must not compete with VH....

Pretty simple, and many have gotten confused or rather "competitive" with regard to the types of links they interpret are allowable.

Knowing the Rules and how they need to be applied is important for everyone to understand so we can serve each other without restraint!

Comment

Thank you, Vasili

I appreciate the clarification of the affiliate posting rules, because affiliate marketing is the purpose of my site. I spend a lot of time searching and investigating the affiliate offers before I present them on my site. So, I wanted to understand the rules for mentioning any of those sites, here!

BTW...I'm already doing a major remodeling of my site! I just wasn't satisfied with the Nav buttons and read that text navigation was better for SEO!

Thanks again.

Dave

Comment

If you need some help or anything else, Dave, just let me know!

(My first VH site was a virtual Mall, and is undergoing a MAJOR overhaul even now!)

Comment

Hello BV Friends,

I am member in BV from 2006 and follow BV rules. If our dear Beth
                        Find my affiliate ID in my post URL I will send Beth nice bottle wine…lol

Regards,

Zlatko
                        www.mercataworld.com

Comment

Vasili
                          Thanks for that. Virtual Mall; very nice! Between yours and mine...not hard to tell who's the newbie!! But I'm working on it! Maybe someday I'll be able to compete!
                          Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X