Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amazon direct product links help

Hello,
    I am an amazon associate and trying to get a product to direct link to amazon. They asked me to upload the image to my server and paste the code in my webpage.

Where do I upload the image to? I tried ftp mager and uploaded it to the public folder but that did not work.
    Thanks
    John

Re: amazon direct product links help

I could be wrong but usually the code includes the image so you shouldn't have to upload the image. Alternatively you could save the image to your pc, upload it to your page as an image and then ask Amazon for a direct affiliate link to wherever you want it to lead. Does that make sense?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi, havnt seen the part on uploading the image to your server before? But Amazon might of change things since i last used them. But up load the image to the same directory as the page will be in (public_html possibly) Then place the Amazon code for the item you are selling/advertising in a HTML box, then publish & preview.

Good luck.

Ah! Ramsey is a quicker typist than me.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Here is a screen shot of what i'm dealing with

www.nursingschoolstore.com/blank.html

Thanks
        John

Comment

Ok, in that case you DO need to put the image on your server. To do that I find the easiest way to do it us use the FTP manager program in your BV web builder.

Tools > FTP manager

You then get two screens, one on the left and one on the right. Find the image on your PC from the LH side, then drasg it over to the public_html folder on the right.

Add your html code using an html box, publish and it should work
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I tried that once ..let me try it again and get back to you..
            Thanks
            John

Comment

I tried again with no luck heres what happens

www.nursingschoolstore.com/blank.html

thanks
              John

Comment

I notice you have done them on your home page though? What is the difference between those and what you are trying to do?

Comment

This is an option I haven't used called direct product link. On my home page on the sides I have a differnt kind of link and the books in the 2008 products I linked up myself using an image and a link to my a-store. But I would like to use the direct links instead as they have a rollover option and it goes right to amazon and bypasses my a-store.
                  thanks
                  John

Comment

Hey what I had to do was rename the file and change it in the sourcce code..now it works..

Comment

Working...
                    X