• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Marshall
    Major

• Feb 2006

Automated ebook software - a question

Hi,

is there any software to sell ebooks? I sell some at the moment but the site
    lulu.com is fully automated, however I am selling enough that their commission is starting to hurt!

So..

is there any other software that anyone could recommend or does soholaunch do this?

cheers

Dave
    Dave

Law of Attraction Books
    Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
    Reiki Books
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Automated ebook software - a question

Try looking at hotscripts.com, they may have a free or commercial script listed you can download and install on your site

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by David Marshall View Post
      Hi,

is there any software to sell ebooks? I sell some at the moment but the site
      lulu.com is fully automated, however I am selling enough that their commission is starting to hurt!

So..

is there any other software that anyone could recommend or does soholaunch do this?

cheers

Dave

Hi .. you can sell the ebooks directly from your own website, using blue voda and the use of paypal as your merchant which includes a shopping cart .. or you can use other cart systems as well with blue voda.

You can also do this using soholaunch, which includes it's own shopping cart.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• MoodyMare
        Second Lieutenant

• Aug 2007

LadyEye, once again, you come thru!

Could you explain how to sell an ebook with bv and paypal? Or is there a tutorial we could watch?

Thank you
        www.reikiforhorses.ca
        Balance Your Horse's Energy For Self-Healing
        www.lucynixon.ca
        Reiki For Pets and Their People
        www.ufindahorse.com
        Work In Progress

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by MoodyMare View Post
          LadyEye, once again, you come thru!

Could you explain how to sell an ebook with bv and paypal? Or is there a tutorial we could watch?

Thank you
          Okay, I'll explain, I go to paypal directly.

1. Create your merchant account at paypal, you may already have one, but if you don't you will need to do this.

2. Create a nice ebook cover, LOL

3. You will create at paypal, an add to cart button, for every item you are selling. On your website page you will put the code generated at paypal for the "add to cart" item next to your ebook in a html box, preview and size appropriately on your page. You can design your own add to cart buttons if you like and you will see where you can use your own image (which needs to be uploaded to your directory before hand so that you can apply the .gif or .jpg image url you created). Oh and don't forget to put your price right next to the paypal "add to cart button" that's the best place for the price, saves purchases from trying to find it if it is right next to the add to cart button ..

3. You will also notice when you are generating the code for these add to cart buttons there are options you can choose. You can choose to direct your purchasers back to your website after payment, they can be sent to a thank you page or an order confirmation page so to speak that you design and create in blue voda and have the url ready when you create your buttons. You can use this page for whatever message you want to pass along to the purchaser, maybe you want to tell them about a new book you are writing and for them to visit soon, yada yada yada, LOL

4. And you will want to copy the generated code for "View Cart" - you only need the one code for this (this comes up with every button you make) and you can place one or more of these "view Cart" buttons appropriately on the page so purchasers can choose this button to preview what is in their cart, you should have at least one.

5. You can customize the paypal payment page with your own image ... BUT .. there lies a problem with this .. your purchasers then see a notice that all items on the page are not secure and well this will turn off some purchasers, so Beth and I both, do not recommend this, some people do use it, but it is up to you. The value of your own image on that page may not be worth it .. choice is yours.

6. Paypal in this case, is your merchant, and all funds will go into your paypal account and you will be notified of the purchase via paypal.

7. You could choose to direct your purchasers directly to the download link of the ebook you are selling, you could choose to create a page and apply the link to the download and thank them all on the one page. Then this completes the purchase for you without having to do anything else. Just remember though, this link can be shared with anyone, the ebook can be sent around via email, you are not protected against anyone sharing these kinds of digital downloads. Even if you emailed their ebook to them, it can always be shared. Even if you bought a script, which I can show you where, but even if you bought a script to protect your download, people can still freely email around your ebook, but we can't worry about everything now can we, LOL ..

8. I think that's it, unless I've left out anything obvious, if something is missing, just ask and we will fill in the blanks ..

Good Luck .. You can do it!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• David Marshall
            Major

• Feb 2006

thankyou for taking the time to go through this,

dave
            Dave

Law of Attraction Books
            Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
            Reiki Books

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

ok .. you are welcome .. and any troubles be sure to post back ..
              and don't forget your nice shiny cover I need to make more myself .. LOL .. ho hum, so much to do .. but isn't it all FUN!!! YES!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• karel
                Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

I used lulu with very little success. Don't forget clickbank, this is also another option and does o.k for me. Mainly I sell by ebook through my site which also means there is no commision. Naval design set me up a nice automated delivery script, once they sell they recive an email with the download link, which so far has been error free.

To get sales off the ground, maybe start with an article on your chosen subject and place the link in your bio at the bottom. Find as many ways as possible and then try and build traffic to your site. I would stay away from 1 page sales pages as these are almost impossible to promote without using adsense, which is another option. But you want as much natural traffic as possible which means good content and finding people who would want to link with you.

Paul
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi,

Tryout www.ebooksystems.com or goto
                  www.flipalbum.com so far the best 3d ebook builder with flipping pages.

Their latest addition is a built in shopping cart available in "Flip Publisher".
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• VodaHost
                    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

soholaunch does this

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

So that is where the ebook is all this while.
                      In VH features page the Digital ebook was publicized but I have not
                      been able to locate it anywhere.

Thanks General.
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• cherylislds
                        Corporal

• Jul 2008

Where on soholaunch can I see how to do this with an ebook. Automated sale? I want to use paypal, will that be a problem with soholaunch?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X