Question from a beginner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from a beginner...

Well not even a beginner, I am kinda just in the thinking stage. I want to start making ebooks for children. We have homeschooled for the past 12 years and there is just a wealth of information that can be put together for homeschool users. However, I know the most time consuming part is gathering that information and putting it together, which is what I love to do. My question is this, if there are coloring pages, for instance, that say "Free Domain", does that mean it could be used as part of my ebook??? I am wanting to do this more as a hobby, so these ebooks would go at a low price. However, since I am selling them, I don't want to get in trouble.

If there is a link on this site that helps with making an ebook I would appreciate if you would link me. I wasn't really sure where to post this question and hope I didn't post in the wrong place.

Thanks,
    Connie

Re: Question from a beginner...

Connie

So you are making what amounts to a coloring book/story book(s)? The buyer would print these out to use? If so, take a look at my site (below) and click on Free Stuff and NWCEC. There you will see downloadable files that are, in essense, ebooks. These files are pdf files, you can learn how to post these on your website here: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...-download.html

As far as picking up "Free Domain" stuff, that is a question you need to ask the person who developed it. In my case, you can see I've posted free mazes for anyone to use.

Good luck with your vision!

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Free Domain means free for personal use. To use for republishing(i.e. ebook or website) or resale, you must have author/artist permission. You still need permission even if you are not selling it because you will be offering it to others (republishing).

Good Luck! :)
      Karen Williams
      Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Some Better Answers You Can Use ....

"Free Domain" refers to an added value when purchasing a hosting account at VodaHost, for by entering freedomain in the 'coupon' box, you will receive a domain name free of charge for the first year (renewable thereafter at regular VodaHost prices).

And, Karen is heading you in the right direction: all domains associated with your personal hosting account(s) at VodaHost (your primary domain, all add-on domains) must be legally registered in your name only, and not in the name of another person or business. Your account at VodaHost is a "personal hosting account" and associating domains or publishing websites for another outright or 'by proxy' constitutes Reselling of Services, a violation of VodaHost Terms of Service which is cause for your account to be terminated without notice without refund.

To earn commissions by referring others to establish their own accounts at VodaHost, explore the singular opportunity that is prepared for you within the VodaGold Affiliate Program. Currently paying up to $70 per transaction, this program is a no-brainer (and keeps you out of trouble trying to figure out how to remain in compliance when designing friends' websites).

Regarding eBooks, and some Guidelines....
        You may wish to review some of the following threads in the VodaTalk Forums:
        Copyright, Trademark, Service Mark, Infringement -- Know The Difference
        Relevant Search of Threads for "eBook"
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Connie just put a search in the box at the top for 'ebooks' and loads of threads will come up, it has been discussed before. Then if you get stuck just come back and ask, I have been through the whole process as have others so there will be plenty of people to help, even with the marketing of the book.

Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Dear Connie,
            Hope you can go ahead with your ebooks, but, as it was said here, you must have authorization from the author(s) or his/her family ( if already dead), and, according to the number of autoriations you will be able to compile your ebooks and publish/sell them.

All the Best,

Cassia

(still under construction)

Comment

Working...
            X