Advice on LinkDash.com reciprocal links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nosweatfinance
    Sergeant

• Aug 2008

Advice on LinkDash.com reciprocal links?

Hello wonderful people,

I have recently completed portions of my first website and am keen to build some reciprocial links on my pages to generate traffic. I came across a directory website with thousands of links called Linkdash.com which allows you to exchange free reciprocal links. However, I suspect that my site would never actually be found as I would be listed under the category of health with 160 other sites and probably wouldn't come up until page 10 if then.

Am I correct in my assessment that linkdash and others like would probably be a waste of time?

Any advice most appreciated. (there might even be a reciprocal link in for you)
    Kind regards
    Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Advice on LinkDash.com reciprocal links?

useless scam....i would avoid

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Marincky
      General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
      useless scam....i would avoid
      Perfectly put. Research your own sites to link up to, much better way to go.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

There are many linking software programs such as Arelis, Zeus, Link Assistant, and then there are MANY free scripts you can install to handle link submissions. Some of these like the stand alones.. such as the first three, browse and help you find link partners based on keywords, and then you generate an email to contact the webmasters if an email is found when scanning the sites. They generally include a way to contact you for links as well. No matter who you use or what you use, you should control the linking. This is crucial to keeping the content RELEVANT to your site. You dont want to be a link farm where everybody can just add links or you have no control of the links. It should be a USEFUL resource, just like adding an article. If you sold *s*h*o*e*s you probably wouldnt want links to diet pills or pharmacies or cars or garages in your links for example. You would find relevance in clothing and accessories, belts, and maybe other shopping sites in general choosing very carefully, not based on their rank, but their relevance to you and your customers or veiwers. PICKY is probably the keyword here.. its better to link less and more naturally than to suddenly develop 500 irrelevant links to you or from you...

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• nosweatfinance
          Sergeant

• Aug 2008

You guys and gals are the best! Thanks for responses, especially Karen - I definately don't want to be a link farm.

The principal of adding value to your customer in everything you do seems just as relevant ,if not more on the net.

thanks again.
          Kind regards
          Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Comment

• Karen Mac
            General

• Apr 2006

You're most welcome.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X