• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmmnhzoi
    Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Building Trust For My Site

Hi guys. I have a problem, when you go to my website www.eviltwinmotorcycle.com and go to the store page on some computers a pop up comes up saying it could be a suspicious website with a phishing warning. How do I change that so people feel safe?
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Suspicious website

Take the popups off.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• tmmnhzoi
      Sergeant

• Jul 2008

But I can't take them off other peoples computers. How do I make the store page a secured site?

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

You need a ssl, click below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Hi, couldn't see any pop ups in your page. But it might be possible that your site has been reported for some sort of problem or violation & visitors are getting a pop up from their own security/virus database. Might be worth getting a screen shot of the popup so we can see. (Alt & Prt/Scn).

Hi General. Why would they need a Sll certificate? They are using pay pal.
          Just so i know for future reference.

Thanks.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Karen Mac
            General

• Apr 2006

SSL Certificate Certifies who you are rather you use paypal or not. Dedicated IP also insures that your ip is NOT a shared IP, so you can rank better in SE at times. Its not a BIG rank increase but every little bit helps.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
              SSL Certificate Certifies who you are rather you use paypal or not. Dedicated IP also insures that your ip is NOT a shared IP, so you can rank better in SE at times. Its not a BIG rank increase but every little bit helps.

Karen
              Mmm! Would still be interesting to see why tmmnhzoi is getting the pop ups. It sort of gives the feeling we should all have SLL’s & I wasn’t quite sure for the reason for investing in one. Will have to read up on it a little more.

Cheers.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                SSL Certificate Certifies who you are rather you use paypal or not. Dedicated IP also insures that your ip is NOT a shared IP, so you can rank better in SE at times. Its not a BIG rank increase but every little bit helps. Karen
                SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, are cryptographic protocols that provide secure communications on the Internet for such things as web browsing, e-mail, Internet faxinng, instant messaginng and other data transfers. Although the procedure of being issued an SSL cert for a website involves authentication of identity, it is done for the purposes of accountability for the information being transmitted and that it complies with the legal formats as intended: it is not an "Certification" of identity, unless as a Publisher you elect to pay extra for the visible label on the SSL cert for the sake of consumer assurance only (Issuers will verify identity of site owner as normal, but offer publically a perceived valuation as to affirm greater status). Usually, too, such issuance asserts some "consumer insurance" or offer of transaction protection based on the strict protocol that occurs normally, but is basically being underwritten by SSL Issuer in good faith demonstration of the SSL cert being properly issued.

And, the only reason a Dedicated IP might be ever-so-slightly more favored by Search Engines is because they usually have a single website residing in a single account, which bypasses the "lesser values" attributed to add-on domains and the highly suspect sub-domains (leftovers methods from the recent past when sub-domains ruled by exploiting the abuse/spam/junk email loopholes). Also, as dedicated IP's simply cost more and are traditionally used for eCommerce sites (the majority of which are shopping cart systems or other sound, professional foundations), they are predicatably the best-reflecting "Perfect Page" models of web builds that reliably report the relevant data the SE's are charged to cache for their own clients.

The fact SSL's and Dedicated IP's do in fact "register" greater valuations is nothing to do backflips over (no need to go bonkers over a 'blip')...... but it is something to consider when planning an "important" website as an add-on versus a singly hosted site.

I know Karen knows this too, but I simply had more time to elaborate for those who might read the posts too quickly and not get a deeper understanding, or worse, come to a conclusion that would be unfair to plan with! Hope you agree, General Karen!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Karen Mac
                  General

• Apr 2006

Re: Building Trust For My Site

Yes.. I agree with Vasili. As I said.. it does add credence, similar to a VERISIGN cert on EBAY.

Most likely his pop ups have to do with some java script hes inserted.. Ie slideshow, or flash and his browser or his customer browser have set these to POP UP the active x control..but since I didnt get the pop up and he does have flash on there..or something on there, my browser rendered it just fine.. i just went with the flow here about why an SSL cert can ADD value...etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Building Trust For My Site

I too, did not get any pop-ups, but I am thinking it has a lot to do with whatever browser is being used in conjunction with the internet protection installed (ca, Norton, MacAfee, AVG, etc.). With all the various upgrades and push to "verify sites/links" as a browser add-on, I imagine it originates from either a Google or Yahoo toolbar, or even the ISP that is providing the connection (Comcast is becoming infamous for this recently too) since there is nothing in the PayPal source codes or anything out of the ordinary from BV (Gallery, etc.) that would be a back-door for something to be inadvertantly "included" on the page. Maybe that's why even he said "on some computers"??? Never know what configuration or updates others have allowed, which is one reason (of the many) I do not fiddle with Google freebies, Yahoo toolbars, etc.

PS: Couple of suggestons: 1) The sound file is a real detraction to site loading, and is not really important overall to the site prominence (has no value to SE's, and is a cumbersome "gimmick") or to consumer conversion, so I would try to either reduce the file significantly of remove it completely, IMO. 2) I would go back and properly Tiitle all the pages on this site, being careful to also enter all the META data for each page: i.e.for your "store" page, you left it named "Home" which tipped me off to look at everything else......
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                    X