• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Wright
    Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Affiliates Images - can I use them

I have a very simple question that I should know the answer too!!!

I'm building a travel website and a getting the content from various site that am an affiliate of.

But am I allowed to use pictures of the hotels from their site and put them on my site?

I've read the t's and c's but I can't find the answer.

As always any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

David
  • D'son
    Major General

• Apr 2008

Re: Affiliates Images - can I use them

As long as they (your affiliates) don't mind, yes.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

The better answer is "as long as your use of those images is strictly limited to and maintains association with the same Content being provided to you as an Affiliate" .....

In other words, since Brand mention, images, and other Copyrighted material is being 'distributed' within the Affiliate program, it has to stay together as it was licensed by the owner to be distributed ..... you can populate your 'travel website' with the Content and these images if being an Affiliate means you are being supplied with this material specifically (as an API script, pre-formatted banners, prepared Content, etc.), but not the images without the content (and vice versa), and you cannot use the images on any site or in any other manner not specified within your Affiliate Agreement.
      Being an Affiliate of a site does not mean you can simply 'rip' images or 'plagiarize' content as you see fit, even if to populate your site of similar nature.

These are Terms pretty much everyone is expected to know, and I am sure they are within the small print of your Affiliate Agreement, as far as representation and proprietary rights. Take a deeper look ....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• David Wright
        Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Hi Vasili

What I wanted to do was to show a picture of a particular hotel next to its description and a link, I was also going to make the image a link thrugh to the affiliates site.

Put i'll go through the t'c and c's again to see if I can see anything.

Thanks

David

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Best bet is to just email the affiliate company & ask permission. This is assuming the images are theirs to allow this.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X