• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nadiabodikian
    First Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

product catalog on cd rom

Hi, I am planning on making a catalog on disk with photos of the different items i sell, prices , description etc etc Kind of what I have as my web store,
    Any ideas what software I need to use? Can I use any of the tools or software provided by BV?
    I would like my photos protected so they cannot used to copy my designs.

Cheers
    Nadia
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: product catalog on cd rom

Youd have to watermark all your photos. The best way to do it all around is to make your catalog in a pdf. Not sure you could use bv pages and CONVERT. The pdf also makes it harder to TAKE images tho it can still be done because the whole page is more like an image. If you do a search here I think there are several pdf tools posted that can be used online or trial periods for free.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• nadiabodikian
      First Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Hi Karen and thank you for the quick rely.
      I do not have a pdf writer, will it do the same job if I did it in word?

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

no.... but you can do it in word and then convert to pdf. Do a search on the forums about making pdfs.. I know theres posts here and free converters. Most of them are online and you upload your documents.. then you can save and burn to disc... do a search. Google will prolly give you some results too if you cant find them here.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You can create your "Catalog" in whatever program you want, because it is far cheaper to have a commercial print shop like Kinko's, Sir Speedy, or someone similar produce it for you rather than jump through all the laborious hoops and hurdles only to find out to do it on your own will likely cost upwards of $5 each.

Most printers have the resources to convert, protect, and encrypt your information and burn standard CD's en masse, and even the mini CD's that look like a business card which, when used, actually connect to the internet and whatever page you specify >>> which is the preferred and most secure means anyway (and allows the online "Catalog"/webpage to be constantly updatable, not like a static CD that needs to be re-created and re-distributed = ongoing capital expeditures), let alone looking slicker, costing less, and bound to remain more memorable (thus potentially more 'conversions') than "just another CD."

If you prefer, simply Google for a professional CD shop, or use the words "mini" and "promo" to find some prices that might rival your local resources.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• choco777
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Hey Vasili!
            Tell me more about the CDs, sound great.

choco
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Hey, George!
              You've never seen the mini-CD's ??? They've been around for a good 15 years, and used to be rather expensive --- usually reserved for the deep-pocket businesses to provide the "cutting edge" posture to promote their websites as a dual purpose business card. They have become ridiculously inexpensive the last few years, ever since CD production has fallen off so dramatically (probably due to the ability to produce CD's at home), and it doesn't take much to find new ways to use an old medium, does it??

When I mention "printers" in my above post, I am referring to "professional print shops" and not 'printers' per se that you might connect to your own computer. I don't know how things are down where you are, but you can still get mini-CD's and other things custom done quite cheaply from VistaPrint.com since they deliver world-wide (their main facility is in the Caribbean, so delivering to Mexico is no big deal).

Check them out!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• choco777
                Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Thanks Eric,
                I`ll check it out. As I thought more about your previous post mentioning the mini-CDs I had a rare lucid moment and did remember what you were referring to in the post. Anyways Thanks and great to read you again.
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                X