X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Opinions on Adsense

Personally, I am not a fan of Adsense at all. I do not think the "potential" to make a few dollars is worth trading the real estate on a website for promises of traffic (pretty much all outbound) and unproven SEO values other than a favorable bias to "participating advertiser partners."

And...despite how my regard for Google has matured, I still am very suspicious of the methods used to classify and include consumer trending from the use of their programs (I see it as a form of adware to this day, despite their continued claims to the contrary, sorry!).

IMO
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• AJ113
      Special Status

• May 2007

It's a no-fuss, facile way to earn money from your site if you have visitors in reasonable numbers. It affords you the opportunity to concentrate on your site and its content rather than e-commerce and affiliate activities.

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I would use adsense on some sites but never on a site that I want to sell my own products. Why would I send someone elsewhere instead?
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Adsense makes sense, but only for websites with "real" traffic. Real, I mean couple of thousands unique visitors... per day.

Newbie websites with Adsense - a statement to the cyber-community: "I have no idea, what I am doing, just following the crowd!"

Comment

• karel
            Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Adsense is something I keep away from. I like my sites to look clean and free of clutter. People want info not to be bombarded with ads....That said, people do make decent money with adsense, but as vodafan said, you need decent traffic, clean well presented ads that don't clutter up the page.

Before you even think about adsense find the traffic first, spend your time and effort promoting your site, then and only then think about what you can do with that traffic.

I sell a book on my site and do very well with it. But I place no other ads on there, I spent months promoting it with no book on there. This made it easier to get people to link with me.

Adsense is pocket money for people who do well, there are very few who make big bucks, most find they earn nothing.

Get the traffic and then think about the direction you want to go in. I prefer to promote and sell my own items on there. If you don't have items then don't expect to make much with adsense, even with decent traffic.

My thoughts...
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

The only way, to convince newbies to think twice, before they litter their pages with adsense, if we would have a feedback from fellow users with adsense.

The data we need:

a.) unique visitors per day
              b.) monthly revenue from adsense (on their website)

no need to supply domain name (for privacy reasons)

Of course, this will work only, if (honest) people will be supplying valid data.

Comment

• Marincky
                General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by vodafan View Post
                The only way, to convince newbies to think twice, before they litter their pages with adsense, if we would have a feedback from fellow users with adsense.

The data we need:

a.) unique visitors per day
                b.) monthly revenue from adsense (on their website)

no need to supply domain name (for privacy reasons)

Of course, this will work only, if (honest) people will be supplying valid data.
                a) approx 800 - 1000 per day (combinantion of a few sites)
                b) $1,000 - $1300 per month
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                  a) approx 800 - 1000 per day (combinantion of a few sites)
                  b) $1,000 - $1300 per month
                  Thank you for your input.

This shows, that every 1000 visitors (roughly) will make the website usd 13.

Mostly, new websites only dream about 1000 visitors, not per day, but per month. Which means, new websites will earn only peanuts with adsense.

So, I think it is better first to build a nice, informative site (without adsense) & drive traffic. When you have real traffic, than put the ads.
                  Very simple.

Comment

Sorry, my mistake : usd 43 still petty cash though...

Comment

• karel
                      Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

This shows, that every 1000 visitors (roughly) will make the website usd 13.
                      If only adsense was that easy, you will get massive shifts from different people. I know people who get far more traffic a day, but make very little with adsense. The ads need to be relevant to the subject, not a dating ad on a site selling electronics. Also they need to be well written and again not tacky looking and spread all over the site.

One example would be a forum with 1,000s of hits per day, no one is interested in the ads, they just want to come along and chat. So all these hits are wasted on adsense.

Now say someone has an interesting article that they have placed on their site and have some very relavant ads around it, they may only get 100 hits but far more people clicking on the ads, these are surfers looking for info and an ad may catch their eye.

Again the pros and cons of adsense way out of my favour. I would rather people stay on my site than clicking somewhere else and if they click off from your site, then maybe you are not giving them what they want.

Like I say it works for some and not others, even if you get the visitors you need to research the best way to go about it, don't just bombard your site with ads.

I have always believed
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
                      X