• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willows
    Captain

• Nov 2006

Re: Your Google Sitemap

Hi, would anybody know why when trying to upload a zipfile to the left column all my word and xcel documents are dropping down when I click on the up key and the zipfile is no where in sight. I had already done this correctly once however was rejected by google with my sitemap so thought I did something wrong so deleted everything I did but when I try to do this again the above is happening..Turns out I put the ror.xml in incorrectly and that was all my problem to begin with, however now I have a different dilema. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. It worked earlier with the zipfile but for some reason every other file has decided to drop in too. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing incorrectly. Seems a common problem with me at the moment.
    Willows/Leanne

Comment

• willows
      Captain

• Nov 2006

Can I also ask what is the reason for having to do this since I have already saved the ror. I cannot understand how what I have done in ror has any association with the zipfile because nothing was linked to it was it? Can I just resubmit with google by adding the ror in my hyperlink or am I talking real dumb now!!????
      Willows/Leanne (AGAIN)!!!

Comment

• davidundalicia
        General

• Mar 2006

Hi Leanne, forget the zip for now...as you have crrectly surmised, you have
        your ror.xml in your root directory, so just go back to google and enter the full link to your ror.xml file.

good luck
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• willows
          Captain

• Nov 2006

It truly is not my day. Tried to resubmit and google said ' General HTTP error 404 found. We encountered an error while trying to access your sitemap. Please ensure sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit!
          Am I going crazy?
          Willows/Leanne

Comment

• willows
            Captain

• Nov 2006

I finally got it through to google PENDING but unfortunately it has come back with errors! Does anybody know what is happening here or has this happened to anyone else?
            Leanne

Comment

• willows
              Captain

• Nov 2006

Just for the voda staff who will soon read this and think I am not checking my information. Just want to let you know I have watched the 'how to upload' hundreds of times. My problem at the moment is when I double click on zipfile to then go to left and press up key all my files are dropping down and no zipfiles in sight. I made a small ror (top right) in my index and hyperlinked my site with the ror.xml but I obviously require to upload first as Google will not accept my sitemap so can only assume because I have not yet uploaded. I was hoping it could do it from my desktop, somehow (guess I am dreaming).
              Please tell me what can I do so that zipfiles will be in left column and not every other file that exists in my computer! How can I then check that the ror on my index has worked?
              Thanks heaps,
              Willows

Comment

• willows
                Captain

• Nov 2006

Ok guys I opened a ticket at support as was not getting a response from here so figured perhaps its support re: UP button when uploading (see previous), however they tell me "no you need to ask this question in the forum'. Could someone please help me re why zipfiles not showing in left column (see previous). And what can i do to upload the zipfile since its not working for me as per tutorial. I have downloaded ror, saved it to my desktop and have it sitting in my index as a disreet word - ror top right hand side. Google wont accept it and i can only assume because it is not uploaded. If there is another way please tell me, or would anyone know why the UP button is dropping all of my folders, and zipfiles not appearing at all.
                Thank you
                Leanne

Comment

• davidundalicia
                  General

• Mar 2006

Leanne:
                  I think that you need to watch and learn about the bluevoda FTP program.

The UP button will simply take you to another level of the directory depending whether the curser is within the left side screen(your computer files)
                  or within the right side screen(your website files)

Now:
                  You have your ror.xml file sitting on your computer.....
                  You need to upload(using bv FTP or file manager in your Cpanel) the ror.xml file to your website. (see ftp tutorial)
                  After you have uploaded the ror file
                  you then need to create a text link (as I descibed earlier) on your home page
                  to point to the ror file which should now be on your website.

Take it one step at a time and you will soon get it right......

Post here again if you need any more help.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

• willows
                    Captain

• Nov 2006

No there is actually something wrong with where I do the UP key area. I know how to do it now without looking at tutorial or my notes now because I have tried to do it so many times. The problem I am facing now is that when I double click on my zipfile which is currently in right column (excuse my computer talk, dont know all the right words), and then click on the head of the left prior to pushing the UP key for zipfiles to drop into, I push the UP key and zipfiles does not appear. It is no where in sight! Once it drops in after the UP key I know I can then drag it to the right column. My problem is I think there is a glitch because zipfiles will not appear on the left side in order for me to do this. I have had my husband watch me do this hundreds of times after watching tutorial and he too cannot work out why its not happening as it should. I have even had to resort to asking neighbour if he can come over but he cannot make it till Wednesday night but I wanted it done yesterday so I do not have to worry about another thing and have it over and done with. I actually thought a vodahost would have assisted me by now.

Comment

• davidundalicia
                      General

• Mar 2006

Leane
                      I dont quite understand this "up key area" that you have mentioned several times now.....and normally when you double click on a zip file your computer should open the appropiate program to open the zip file, i.e. winzip or some other zip program.
                      What is this zip file and what are you trying to do with it ??

If, as you say, you have your ror.xml file then all you need to do is to upload it to your website.......then tell google the address(url) of where it can be found.

We are discussing the bluevoda FTP program, are we not ??

When I understand the problem a little better, I or someone else, may be able to help you.
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

• willows
                        Captain

• Nov 2006

On the top page of page1 Brad put in a tutorial to follow to upload the winzip file in FTP. In his example for the ror.xml it shows to save as zipfile then upload it. This is the problem that I am having, it wont let me upload it in the FTP program as per Brad's tutorial. It did the other night but as you know I deleted everything and started again. Since that night I have not been able to upload it into the FTP program. Everything else is done for it...
                        By the way, you are a good man for answering me. Had I been you I would have stayed away from Willows : ) Thank you

Comment

• davidundalicia
                          General

• Mar 2006

OK, I have looked at what brad has posted and as I understand it, you are trying to DOWNLOAD the site mapper program Zip file so that you can re-create the ror fil. Is that correct ?
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Comment

• willows
                            Captain

• Nov 2006

I will be honest with you David, I really don't know why I am doing it, I am just following what they said had to be done after downloading ror and saving it to desk top (which I did no problems). I just figure if thats what I am told to do then thats what should be done. (I know you are thinking what a complete nutter!)... Anyhow, since I could not upload what they said I still tried to submit it to Google and its either come back with 404 error before even getting submitted and the ones that I was able to get through it comes back ERROR, so I figured its because I had not done the upload thingy. So now I am hoping by Uploading this it will fix all the problems and therefore I hope I do not get an Error from google. I am guessing this is the only reason why its erroring!
                            Leanne

Comment

• davidundalicia
                              General

• Mar 2006

Do you still have your ror.xml file on your computer ??
                              Have fun
                              Regards..... David

Comment

• willows
                                Captain

• Nov 2006

Yes but it fails at Google
                                I figured it was because I missed the upload step!

Comment

Working...
                                X