• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www. missing from google results

I have built 3 sites with BV

activewindowcleaning.com

glenbrough.com

avventurajewellery.com

when I type "active window cleaning" into google it appears at the top and shows the full address, when I type in "glen brough" or "avventura jewellery" they appear 3rd, thats fine, but the www. part of the address is missing, the link works fine and it is not really a problem, I would just like to know why this is, anybody know?

Here is a link for the search results for "glen brough"

It should be the 3rd one down (glenbrough.com)

Re: www. missing from google results

You can set your www. preference with google webmasters.
    www.google.com/webmasters

It is free.

you can assign it to show up :

or:

example.com in search results.

You can also elect to not choose either and Google will decide. You can do this under settings in your Google Webmasters account.
    www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Originally posted by woka View Post
      I have built 3 sites with BV

activewindowcleaning.com

glenbrough.com

avventurajewellery.com

when I type "active window cleaning" into google it appears at the top and shows the full address, when I type in "glen brough" or "avventura jewellery" they appear 3rd, thats fine, but the www. part of the address is missing, the link works fine and it is not really a problem, I would just like to know why this is, anybody know?

Here is a link for the search results for "glen brough"

It should be the 3rd one down (glenbrough.com)
      Most of the time, this is the result of how you create your add-on domain within your Control Panel: it matters if you select then create it on your Home, Root, or WWW directory option in the opening Dialog (just as you see in File Manager, for instance).

To always be sure the "www." becomes defaulted to your domain URL, select "WWW" as the directory you create your add-on to. It is just how domains and sub-dmoains are normally structured .....

However, if you install a script (WordPress, Joomla, etc.) via Fantastico, into your public_html/ (or “root”) directory the "www." is not always formatted, and there is no manual configuration to alleviate the auto-construct of URL's.
      It's how servers work.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Google htaccess and code up a file to always resolve it to one or the other.. then you dont have to tell google or anyone else how you prefer it.. it ALWAYS does what you tell it to. it wont matter which way the link is typed.. it will ALWAYS resolve the way you commanded it. Load this file to the ROOT of whichever domain.. that means its folder, and all domains. Each domain will need its OWN code.. you cant use one for all of them.

A good SEO mechanic always ...ALWAYS knows this trick.

Also always post your links and use internal links exactly the way you want it found.

These steps prevent DUPLICATE urls.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X