Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why cant google find my pages

My website is www.citylifelive.co.uk

On google webmaster tools it shows that there are 67 pages on my website that google cannot find.

In my links I use capital letters when using the name of a city

eg www.citylifelive.co.uk/Aberdeen.html

But on all the errors ( 404 not found ) that google shows, it shows them with no capital letters

eg www.citylifelive.co.uk/aberdeen.html

I have checked my site over and over and i have not made any mistakes on my links.

What could this problem be as this is really going to affect my rating in search engines.

I have worked on this site for some time & would be absolutely devastated if it was to fail due to something like this.

Thanks to any one who helps
    Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Re: why cant google find my pages

As far as i know? all links should be in lower case. The upper case part comes in when having correct grammar on the pages, key words & titles.
    You are also possibly not checking your key words & helping the SE's.
    Aberdeen as a search will bring up at least another half a dozen place names around the world.
    So possibly give the SE's a bit of help with key words & descriptions like Aberdeen restaurants, Aberdeen music, Scotland. And so on with your links matching the text. Also some <h1> tags might help as well.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

But why is google converting capital letters to lower case when crawling links.

I can understand what you say about the keywords, but I though google would crawl your site through the xml sitemap. All the links are in capital when neccessary in my sitemap and they all work?

Also, what are <h1> tags
      Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Comment

But why is google converting capital letters to lower case when crawling links. Whats the problem with this?

I can understand what you say about the keywords, but I though google would crawl your site through the xml sitemap. All the links are in capital when neccessary in my sitemap and they all work?
        The text links should be in grammatically correct, but i don't think the url should be, I'm sure this is still lower case

Also, what are <h1> tags
        Google it! its one of the 1st things that would of come up against when reading about SE's & site optimization.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

But why is google converting capital letters to lower case when crawling links. Whats the problem with this?

Well, if you change a letter from capital to lower case in the links it cannot be found.

eg http://www.citylifelive.co.uk/shopping-Aberdeen.html this can be found

whilst the lower case version cannot be found.

So if google changes them it will not find the page. Causing the 404 error

Comment

You shouldnt use capitols in your url or domain. Most likely your customers are typing in the lower case or when they bookmark its lower case. Somewhere theres a published link.. in lower case..and ive removed this one for you...so google has it indexed somewhere. If you dont already have a webmaster account with google..make one and then ask them to remove that url from their cache.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X