No announcement yet.

i have made suggested changes and still can't find much of my stuff on Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have made suggested changes and still can't find much of my stuff on Google

i have recently started using Vodahost and since that time our website does not come up in many Google searches. I realize that some of that could be because the web page names and so forth have changed, but much of the content and text within the website are the same, so those keywords should still bring forth results. I've done a lot of reading on the forums and can't seem to find a solution. Below I'll list some of the information i've accumulated and changes i've implimented and maybe someone can clarify or correct me of on some of this...

Metatags
    I've added these to each page (words or phrases for each page). This is a function that my old web builder did not do, so if anything this should improve search results...but doesn't. I've read that you should have 20 or less metatags per page. I had more, so i've corrected that.

Images
    I believe that how many people were finding my site before was by searching for images, and then clicking on one of those that led to my site. Yet even if i search for a keyword or phrase that exists on my site, AND is a metatag, Google will not find the image. And even if i put my company name in quotes AND the image name in quotes, it still will not find the page on my site.
    I read somewhere that Google will not find the images unless you also have "alt text" for them. So I added the alt text and still no better results.

H Metatags
    I read a post about how these work and it sounded more complex than rocket science and unneeded.

Now, if i do a search for my company name in quotes, it will be found. And there are a few other pages in an add-on domain i have that will come up in searches, but the stuff that people will most likely be looking for can't be found. Remember that I started this website laid out much the same way as my old website (which was not Vodahost). So if it worked for my previous ****py web builder through my previous ****py web hosting service, why am I am having problems now that i'm going the extra mile to improve search engine visibility???
    Since changing to Vodahost, my web traffic has dropped considerably and my sales have dropped to ZERO. This is not to lay blame on Vodahost, just a call for much needed help. I've had a bunch of friends search for different keywords and phrases related to stuff i have on my site, and no one can find anything. HELP!!!

my website is www.holeinthegroundpro.com

Re: i have made suggested changes and still can't find much of my stuff on Google

It will be 5 years before you get found for any of your current meta keywords.. you can leave those off if you like.. it wont matter.. but heres a thought for you

prop, props, costume, costumes, cosplay, anime, hole in the ground, productions, *******, *******s, sets, film, video, sporkman
    Those do you NO good. 99% of them arent even on your page. You need PHRASES that are actually on your page..

*r*e*p*l*i*c* a costume for video production, professional video production sets.. you might get found for IF ONLY YOU HAD IT ON YOUR PAGE...theres not enough THERE to sink into.. actually not much more than can be found in your meta as bad as it is.

You also have HORRIBLE page title names when keywords could be used.

You also have your home page named INDEX instead of something useful and.. you have your navigation going to yoursite/index.html instead of just yoursite/ Google sees two pages instead of one..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: i have made suggested changes and still can't find much of my stuff on Google

i don't know what you mean by prop, props, costume, etc is not on my page. They are almost ALL right there on my homepage. Isn't this why they are keyWORDS versus keyphrases?

What do you mean by horrible page title names. You mean the Costumes page shouldn't be called "costumes"? how's that a bad name to use?

My homepage is named Index because another Vodahost member said thats what the homepage MUST be named. i wouldn't have done it otherwise. Also, doesn't it publish as whatever the page is titled (on my computer. in my case "index"). Therefore how can it ever be anything other than homepage/***** versus just plain old homepage?

How are image searches affected? Have i done everything i can there?

i just don't understand how i'm having issues now. i have changed very little as far as text goes between my old website and this one. before, no one was having problems finding me through the same keywords and phrases as before.

Comment

Hi there,

You also need good content on your landing page. Use the right keywords along with text links. Your links, by the way, in my opinion they look messy the way they are: all over the page. It doesn't look professional. As I've said...it's just my opinion.

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Originally posted by sporkman View Post
          i don't know what you mean by prop, props, costume, etc is not on my page. They are almost ALL right there on my homepage. Isn't this why they are keyWORDS versus keyphrases?

What do you mean by horrible page title names. You mean the Costumes page shouldn't be called "costumes"? how's that a bad name to use?

My homepage is named Index because another Vodahost member said thats what the homepage MUST be named. i wouldn't have done it otherwise. Also, doesn't it publish as whatever the page is titled (on my computer. in my case "index"). Therefore how can it ever be anything other than homepage/***** versus just plain old homepage?

How are image searches affected? Have i done everything i can there?

i just don't understand how i'm having issues now. i have changed very little as far as text goes between my old website and this one. before, no one was having problems finding me through the same keywords and phrases as before.
          You are correct in that yes you name (save) your home page as index but what Karen meant was your page titles. Page titles should reflect what the page is about, you change the page titles in the page properties just as you did to add the keywords.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I would advice, your page titles, must be more desciptive. It would be difficult to get on the first page of google if your page name is only "costumes". Try to be more creative. Try putting in "custom made costumes".

Your index page must be saved as index, but your page title can be different. so go and click on your page properties and put in the desired name you wish.

Some advice. Try to have one keyword per page - Focus on one keyword per page. Try to have your keyword in your url (with other words, save your page name with your keyword), and try to have it in your page title, heading, beginning paragraph, middle paragraph and somewhere at the buttom. I would advice to have your keyword somewhere on your page about 3-4 times. Be careful, google will know if you are overdoing it. Just keep it in a flowing way.

If you use hyperlinks, try not to say "click here". That won't score you points with google at all. Rather say, click here for custom made costumes. Where you will hyperlink the words "custom made costumes".

I could tell you many more what to do, but will take me forever.

Do keywords research, before you decide on keywords. To get on the page of google for costumes will take you forever.

PS: You don't have enough text / information on your site for google to index. Try to put in more text etc. And all your pics, try to put your keyword in the alt tags. it will help you a lot.

Good luck.

Success Regards
            Honey G
            Professional Photography Services Pretoria
            Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

thanks, i'll try some of those. Question....do the metatags have to be phrases used within the page somewhere, OR words or phrases that people may search for to find the page??? i was under the impression it was the latter.

Comment

Its both.. it HAS TO BE ON THE PAGE! Otherwise it wont be found right? SO the se will flag it as SPAM. You should be USING THOSE PHRASES anyway.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X