noobie please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noobie please help

hi can someone help me with my site and getting it on google if possible ?
    i went to the google log in page for webmasters, and was told by them that my site is not indexed, it then asked me to veryify my site by pasting in a metatag in html into the header of my home page or something, obviuosly i have no idea how to do this, which is why i chose to use the blue voda software in the first place, if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great, i have 2 links going to my website from big auussie websites , so i am hoping that will help me,

thanks alot , my website is www.theroofcleaners.com.au

what does this mean ?

could some one please confirm and possibly explain in more broad terms what the following tips are which i got from the net regarding google ,

2. Put your keywords in your title tag and your web address last.
    4. Put your keywords in your heading tags
    5. Use anchor text. Don't link 'click here'
    6. Use bold & italics but don't overdo it

9. Use alt & title tags with your keywords

thanks alot

Comment

Re: noobie please help

If you go to google log in page for webmasters, and they ask you to verify your site, choose to publish a page with the given name (they give you a long number) and publish it. All you do is open a new blank page in bluevoda's website builder, save it as (the long number) and publish the page like you would with your other pages.

Answers on questions, follows:

2. Put your keyword (I would say 1 keyword you focus on per page) in your title tag. Google likes that. Do keyword research. It doesn't help you choose a keyword that would be really hard to work at to get it on the first page of google. So do homework.

4. Put that same keyword in your url. (meaning save your page with your keyword in it). Not always easy, but google loves it.

5. If you use anchor text, dont say "click here" and link it to your page. Be creative and say (eg. if your keyword is counseling services, then say, click here to go to stringsection counseling services. Where you will anchor the text, stringsection counseling services. It scores big time with google.

6. Where ever you use your keywords, make it bold. But don't overdo it.
      It is suggested that you try to put your keyword for that spesific page in your url, title, heading, first paragraph, middle paragraph and last paragraph.

9. If you double click on your pics, you can enter an alt tag for each picture. Try to name it with your keyword in it.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards
      Honey G
      Professional Photography Services Pretoria
      Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

Originally posted by scdsuccess View Post
        If you go to google log in page for webmasters, and they ask you to verify your site, choose to publish a page with the given name (they give you a long number) and publish it. All you do is open a new blank page in bluevoda's website builder, save it as (the long number) and publish the page like you would with your other pages.

Answers on questions, follows:

2. Put your keyword (I would say 1 keyword you focus on per page) in your title tag. Google likes that. Do keyword research. It doesn't help you choose a keyword that would be really hard to work at to get it on the first page of google. So do homework.

4. Put that same keyword in your url. (meaning save your page with your keyword in it). Not always easy, but google loves it.

5. If you use anchor text, dont say "click here" and link it to your page. Be creative and say (eg. if your keyword is counseling services, then say, click here to go to stringsection counseling services. Where you will anchor the text, stringsection counseling services. It scores big time with google.

6. Where ever you use your keywords, make it bold. But don't overdo it.
        It is suggested that you try to put your keyword for that spesific page in your url, title, heading, first paragraph, middle paragraph and last paragraph.

9. If you double click on your pics, you can enter an alt tag for each picture. Try to name it with your keyword in it.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards
        Honey G
        hi thanks for that mate but it doesnt really make any sense to me at all im sorry :) i dont even know what "anchor "text is or what a "title tag " is either, my site has been indexed by google and i currently come up on the 2nd page under a search for roof cleaners, but the heading for my google listing is just index.bvp why is that how do i change it to read the services i am offering ? thanks

Comment

I believe it must have been greek.....sorry, thought you were up to date with the terms.

Open your index page in bluevoda's website builder, right click on anywhere on the page (away from your pics and text) With other words, click on the background. Click properties, and insert you page title in the appropiate field.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by scdsuccess View Post
            I believe it must have been greek.....sorry, thought you were up to date with the terms.

Open your index page in bluevoda's website builder, right click on anywhere on the page (away from your pics and text) With other words, click on the background. Click properties, and insert you page title in the appropiate field.

Good luck
            ok thanks i have done that, so is what i type in there what will be in the heading for the google listing ? so instead of reading index.bvp it will read what i typed in ? so do i have to wait for google to update or should it be immediate ? thanks

Comment

Glad you got it right. What ever you have typed in, it will display it. About the update thing, not sure. I believe you will have to wait for google to pick it up.

Good luck with your website. May it be successfull.

Regards

Comment

Working...
              X