Clear All
  • rdent
    Corporal

• Jan 2010

Google and my images

Have just published my site www.bluecrabwatersports.com
    Transfered from another web host.....

But....now my site appears back on the 4 or 5 page on google where it
    was on the first page with my previous webhost......
    Then...when I go to open it from the 5th page it says site is unavailable....

Any ideas on why I have lost the ranking...AND why it won't open in Google....
    Thanks
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: lost google ranking

The question should actually be... How did you get on the search engines at all in the first place??

Your site has NO content at all... The whole of the page is an image and so basically Google read your site as if it were a plain white canvas.

You have NO page titles and you have spammed your keywords.

Solution.....

Blank white BV screen.... start again from scratch!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• rdent
      Corporal

• Jan 2010

Wait wait wait....
      Please explain my problem AND solution in a little more detail.

I did build the site mostly in Pshop and added the page as an image
      for ease.....
      Is that wrong...???I dont know....

Comment

• rdent
        Corporal

• Jan 2010

and what do you mean by NO content...???

Comment

• Marincky
          General

• Apr 2006

Google cannot read images... your whole site is an image.. ONE image on each page and nothing more... no text... nothing.... Seriously you might as well have just a white page... it will rank just as well.

You need to drop photoshop (It doesn't look very professional what you made anyway (sorry, Just being truthful) and use the builder itself to build content... it really is a great tool and you should use it.

Then do a lot of research on correct procedures for your META data, e.g. page titles, page descriptions, keywords etc...
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• rdent
            Corporal

• Jan 2010

what difference does it make if I load one giant images or 10 individual images on the page....if google doesn't recognize images....

you are saying it will make a diffence if I put all of the type in BV...???

Comment

• Marincky
              General

• Apr 2006

I am not saying you can't have images... what I am saying is this...

Google cannot read images, you need text on your pages so ALL search engines can work out what the site is about. Now... your text on your home page is an image not actual text anymore. So put all those images onto a page sure... but make the text TEXT not an image. If done correctly you could get a LOT of interest in this site, but you will need to remake it totally, and as I mentioned earlier, research on META data implemetation. Google are not at present picking up important words from your site such as 'water sports' 'florida' 'Destin' 'water ski jets' 'Holidays in Florida' etc etc etc...

Comment

• glendene
                Major

• Jul 2008

hehe. Take Marincky's advice and you will do well. Your site needs to be refined so that it is relevant. Just follow the instructions and you will benefit.
                The Female Zone

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

I see you have added text to the page now.... but now your page looks worse and all overlapping.

Comment

• rdent
                    Corporal

• Jan 2010

Morning Ramsey, sorry about the Leslie....another Brit chiming in......
                    non related to this issue......

Ramesey, I don't see the overlap on my web browser or in BV builder.
                    Can't seem to see what you are......
                    BUT...now I can't see the entire index page....
                    Page starts about 1/4 of the way down when opening in browser...
                    I have all of the parameters set....all the other pages are working fine...
                    Just cant get the whole index page to load....
                    Ideas?

Thanks

Comment

• rdent
                      Corporal

• Jan 2010

Never mind Ramsey.....found the button...straightned it out...
                      But don't see an overlap.....do you still....??
                      rod

Comment

Working...
                      X