Serious Sitemap Confusion For Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Sitemap Confusion For Me

My domain is Pointeshoe.net. I recently turned my website into a wordpress.org site. I had imported about 145 posts from wordpress.com. Because I don't have advanced skills with computers it took me several weeks to adjust my permalinks from plain numbers to actual titles of my posts. I noticed that Google wants a sitemap to better index large posts. Today I went into c-panel and extracted the contents of my sitemap.xml.gz file to see what I had. All of them look like this: pointeshoe.net/?675432 which was the default permalinks I used to have. How do I get a new site map with my new permalinks on them? I have my permissions set to 777 but nothing changed. I appreciate any help with this. Thank you very much.
    Lisa Bennett

Re: Serious Sitemap Confusion For Me

I just read about using the ROR sitemap generator on another thread and will try that. I hope it works! Thanks!

Comment

That is an outdated thread and method.

The new Rules dictate that your sitemap be compliant with current (W2/W3) standards and be submitted in XML format.
      Use this link to generate the proper sitemap > http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Im sorry, I dont know what W2/ W3 standards are.....

Comment

Originally posted by lisabennett View Post
          Im sorry, I dont know what W2/ W3 standards are.....
          Rather esoteric reference, sorry: the current global standards. Don't fret this one ... replace with "current" in the sentence above post and you'll be fine!

You'll find a bit more useful info about XML Sitemaps here > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...e-sitemap.html

PS: You'll have to consult with the Wordpress Forums to determine the best way to configure your Permalinks importation and archiving: there are too many ways to deal with this, especially when feeding from varying platforms. As far as the sitemap relates to your Permalinks, you will need to know what to delete or enable in the results lists the generator creates for you according to the configuration you set.

Comment

Thank you :) I was hoping I wouldn't have to go back to wordpress.com which is a bit more "dummy-friendly"

Comment

Originally posted by lisabennett View Post
              Thank you :) I was hoping I wouldn't have to go back to wordpress.com which is a bit more "dummy-friendly"
              Oh, I don't know ... I got pretty bogged down trying to figure out how to set up my Permalink configurations, having to decide on one format or the other, accepting revisions or not, etc.
              I have 7 WP installations of my own, in 3 different versions of WP, so I got only so far before I abandoned the "refinement" I knew to make altogether!
              How bald can a man get before it is just too much?

PS: Did you get my Facebook Message?

Comment

Oh my goodness...you are ambitious! :) Yes, I think Google wants us to age quickly trying to figure it all out..lol

Comment

Working...
                X