Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my site spider or bot or search friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my site spider or bot or search friendly?

Is my site spider friendly? I think I did it right..how can I check?

THANK YOU! please help..

Re: Is my site spider or bot or search friendly?

In plain words, no.

You have a page that is wider than almost all settings in use. Bots will recognize that and people will click off very fast. Bots look for what people will want to see.

You don't have good page titles, it's hard to find your navigation and what navigation you have isn't what I'm looking for to get better information for customers (again bots try to find what the people want to see).

You have grammatical errors - those and spelling errors also hurt.
    Examples:
    Video and Motion marketing advertisings is (would be market advertising is OR market advertisings are)
    and the following just doesn't look good:
    advertising/marketing research. We
    provide
    Video and Flash production services

The spiders really want to see nice, clean, crisp pages with the information that people are asking for. You have a lot of the information - but not easy to read and find. For example your profile and services is probably the part of the page that tells me I found what I'm looking for if I land there - and you have it in the tiniest type - as if it's not really of much value.

Now, you aren't asking for a site review here - but spiders and people both expect underlined text to be a link - so I don't suggest using underlining here for emphasis. Bold or italics would work instead.

You don't have any headlines. If you would take the same information, re-arrange the page with some headlines; give yourself a good page title, correct any errors and get rid of anything that detracts (like those ads on the bottom of the page) - I think you'll have a much better chance with the spiders (and with people who come to the site - without whom, getting the spiders doesn't really matter).
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

You’re wonderful! Just what I needed!
      Thank you very much!!

Comment

ok, i fixed the home page I think...what do you think? I just have to make the others to match.
        I had a hell of a time getting the page to fit in only one window with out using the bottom scroll bar. My monitor is pretty big, so its hard to tell. I hope i fixed it! better? will the spider come see me now?
        THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Comment

Still a few spelling errors, have a friend read it over, with fresh eyes..
          http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

It's much better - only people with 800 res will have scroll now.

Now, how about some better titles?

I would change "Business Profile" to say "Online Marketing and Advertising Business" with, centered under it the word "providing"
            Then you bulleted list. Make incorporates viewer feedback one of the bullet points.

In other words - get rid of extraneous things and make the headline tell me who/what you are - cuz that's what will help you with your visitors and the spiders.

How about making the "Features" headline say "Advertising Features"?

Replace the headline and subheadlines you currently have of:
            Why advertise with LiveAdBiz and Here are six major

Make it one headline of:
            Six Major Reasons to Advertise with LiveAdBiz

Are all those words at the top of the page going to eventually be links to pages about them? I know I would expect a lot more information on all these areas before I would consider contacting you - and each of those would be good pages to have.

I feel like this has turned into a 2nd site review for you - because you're getting the same information. If your site is done well for visitors, it will be done well for se's.

And the spiders are going to come whether you have a se friendly site or not - the question is how much weight will they give you.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It’s very very kind of you to take the time and give me such wonderful constructive feedback!! I am fixing all those things now.

I was thinking about making those headers at the top of my page into links but then I thought I read somewhere that if you have links like that at the top of your page it could take away from the se’s reading your page.
              I also thought that rather than making a bunch of pages, if a client was interested, I could just give them a sample. I figure, less is more…
              But as I’m just starting this site, maybe you’re right…
              Since, as you said..if YOU were considering my services, you would want more info.
              So, I guess there is no harm in taking the time to make a few more simple pages. :)

Comment

Working...
              X