Featured link vs Regular link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featured link vs Regular link

Hi.... I'm doing my search engine research now.. My questions 1)What's the difference between Featured link listing vs Regular link listing other than price?? 2) How long after paying for submission do the search engines actually list site?? .. Thanks... Doug

Re: Featured link vs Regular link

Paying for submission? You don't have to pay for submission to any se for regular listings. And there is no guarantee that you'll ever be listed - that's up to you doing your homework and optimizing the site.

If you want to guarantee that you'll be listed - that's the featured listings that you use PPC to get there.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Lots of research yet me to do .. Thank you for your input... Doug

Comment

Doug,

Alot of smaller search engines will try to offer featured you a featured listing for a dollar amount. Most searches are done 3 search engines google, yahoo and msn. These main search engines offer programs to make sure people see your listing for certain words depending on how much you are willing to pay. If you're going to pay for a featured listing I would try one of these. ( I've personal never tried this lol)
        Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
          Paying for submission? You don't have to pay for submission to any se for regular listings. And there is no guarantee that you'll ever be listed - that's up to you doing your homework and optimizing the site.

If you want to guarantee that you'll be listed - that's the featured listings that you use PPC to get there.
          Not exactly, but for the sake of contextual discussion, I suppose it will work.
          PPC (Pay Per Click) is not the way to achieve positioning for sponsored links: PPC is merely a means to display your site link in the order you are bidding on specific Key Words (and there are literally thousands of combinations for each "Search Category"), in hopes that the old tried-and-true methodology of "hard-rank" via unique visits contributes to ranking.......without the rest of the package on your site (construct, content, relevancy, etc.) it is a wasted proposition.

If, on the other hand, you wish to have a "sponsored link" or "program advertising link" say....at Yahoo! for instance (who are currently more of a value as they try to keep up with Google, especially since they have secured new partnerships -- Yahoo, that is) in a bit of a broader category, it is not related to "PPC" (or performance) but on Result Value: with a bit wider "Key Wording" built into your "ad" to apply to a wider range of keyed-in client searches, you might find more reliable and worthy resultant "hard-metric" visits to your site, which contributes much more significantly to your Web Positioning (as it creates a greater metric of "overall relevancy" and dependancy on cached content to support the advertising metric). PPC programs can be bought for under $100 a month and still prove somewhat effective, but true advertising "sponsorships" typically run $1-10,000 a month, again, depending on the specific details of the program, and do not "expire" any time short of the full term of the agreed period, nor are dependent on click-thru's to validate payment.
          That is why these types of programs cost more than straight PPC, and offer more to those who can market and compose their plans with some savvy. It is very similar to advertising regionally in a national magazine: targeting a region (key word range) rather than all or nothing (national list/Key Word bids).
          Besides, PPC is too diffused by the formulae of SE advertising to have the importance/impact it did only 5 years ago.....LOL.....why do you think there are all those "Free" offers floating around?
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I read somewhere that if you get a backlink from a pr5-6 website, you are almost guaranteed to be listed within 3 days because these sites will be crawled by the spiders more often than regular ones.

I never submitted my website to google and got listed because I got a pr6 directory website to link to my site.

I know these are not very easy to find but I hope it helps!
            Dario
            Free Poker Gifts - http://www.pokerbonusportal.com

Comment

Hi... I really don't understand the terms "backlink" from PR6 .. would you please explain? Thanks Doug

Comment

Hi... Will researched adwords used in and as metatags help??? Thanks Again Doug

Comment

A backlink is a link from a website (not under your domain name) to your website. Major search engines count links to a certain website as a vote for that website and that is why certain sites rank higher than others ( there are a lot of other factors taken into consideration).

PR (short for PageRank) is google's way to indicate the importance of a website. Websites with a PR of 5-6 are generally more important than others and getting a link from these websites is more valuable than getting a link from a website with a PR of 2 for instance.

If you download the google toolbar, you can see a website's PR on that toolbar.
                  Dario

Comment

Thanks... I've seen Vodabot Page rank formula info.. Let me ask another ?
                    My index page buttons call up copies of my 2 other site index pages in an
                    I-frame... which then call in info from their domains..Will my over site Rank be penalized for such a set up?? Hummm.. Thanks Again Doug

Comment

Couldn't tell you I'm not quite sure myself but I don't think it will because PR is calculated for each web page separately (contact me, FAQ, home page do not have the same PR).

That means that you can have your website running on 3 different domain names and it will not affect the way PR is calculated for each one of them (it may differ a little but I'm not really sure what the effects would be I'm a newbie as well in this :))
                      Dario

Comment

Well thanks... Hopefully Bethers or Vasali will drop in on this thread... Your insight has been very helpful... Doug

Comment

Iframes can hurt you with se's - I don't recommend them for the majority of pages or text. The se's can usually (not always) read them - but they will also be able to see the iframe as an individual page - and therefor what you think is you "home" page, they might only see as the shell of it - and if someone searches for what is in the text in the iframe, it's possible that Google could take them to THAT page - without the header, navigation, etc. Without seeing your pages, it's hard to know exactly how you're using the iframes (and, yes, they do have a place - but rarely do I use them for text).

I apologize for my brief information on PPC - and Featured v Regular.

I'm a strong believer in getting your site written for the people using it so that you will move up and be listed without PPC or Featured listings - therefore, I work on my SEO to have first page listing in the regular listings. But doing advertising is NOT wrong - you just need to do your homework and make sure if/where you do it and how you do it - it will be beneficial to you and your ROI.

You do get FOUND by se's by having links to your site. Having your site in your signature here will get you found, because all the major se's are spidering this site daily. PR will not necessarily determine how often they spider your sites. But having content that changes and is considered worthy is. And whenever they see a link on a site they spider - they follow it (unless they are told not to) and that's how the spider works. After they've spidered you once, they will continue to - how often will depend on what they see when they come back. If your content never changes, they'll come back less often.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi..I utilize center I-Frame to call up major pages/sites for my presentation.. because some have Pay Pal forms which should not be in popups.. I use the pop ups to make additional info available.. Bethers.. You are always a big help.. Thank You ..Doug

Comment

Reciprocol Links add recognition and contribute to "overall relevancy" to your website if they are managed carefully and updated regularly.

They are not pre-requisite for your site to be "found" and can actually create a negative metric if they are disproportionate to the other elements of properly prepared website construct (i.e. with regard to the Perfect Page Construct model).
                              additional comments on Reciprocol Links viewable HERE
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X