• Show
Clear All
  • alas
    Captain

• May 2006

please, will you help me with SEO?

Hi everyone,
    Will you have a look at my web : www.mediterraneotanzania.com,
    and tell me what I am doing wrong with keywords, title, etc...
    After almoust one year google is not pickingup my web , when I search for ex. tanzania hotels .
    I have done upgrading and changes, as many of you recomended, but I am not there yet.
    Thank for your help
    Alas
    Set by the Indian Ocean, Mediterraneo provides affordable accommodation, conference facilities and the best restaurant in Dar es Salaam.
  • aconstas1
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

Re: please, will you help me with SEO?

Originally posted by alas
    Hi everyone,
    Will you have a look at my web : www.mediterraneotanzania.com,
    and tell me what I am doing wrong with keywords, title, etc...
    After almoust one year google is not pickingup my web , when I search for ex. tanzania hotels .
    I have done upgrading and changes, as many of you recomended, but I am not there yet.
    Thank for your help
    Alas
    www.mediterraneotanzania.com
    All of your page titles are nearly identical with exception of just one or two words. All of your page names are nearly identical with exception of just a word or two. All of your pages have the same keywords.

Search engines often will see this as you trying to SPAM your site with certain keywords. They will often penalize you for duplicate content. A website that has been properly optimizde for SEs will focus on different keywords for different pages. They will have unique page Titles and descriptions. They will have different keywords in their META, and they will have keyword rich text on that page with good keyword anchor texts links. Not only that, but Search Engines and viewers like Sitemaps. Sitemaps are a good aid to help your viewers navigate your site, and they help SEs crawl and index your pages. You should also continue to build your links by using keywords linked to your site.

Consider using Tanzania Hotels in your signature and link building efforts rather than the current www.mediterraneotanzania.com in your signature. This will help the SEs know what keywords you're competing for.

I hope this helped. Keep up the good work. PS your site is indexed in Google, you just need to work on your keywords and competing for them.
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Please read the SEO book in my signature (last link) - see if you can make changes based on it - then repost.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• alas
        Captain

• May 2006

I would like to thank both of you for your tips.
        Alas

Comment

• philipc9635
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hey Alas

My tip would also be to creat more content on your site. ie you may put up a page all about Tanzania. A page about places to visit or places to eat. Offcourse using different headings and keywords as Alex stated.

You have to remember people search for information and search using keywords such as "Tanzania" or Tanzania Hotels" etc etc. The more content and the use of different keywords helps you get higher ranking in the search engines. Theres alot of other stuff involved but Beths SEO Book will be a great help as it was to me.

Good Luck, your site looks great.
          Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• alas
            Captain

• May 2006

Hi Phil
            The about Tanzania page is a very good idea.
            Thank you
            Alas

Comment

• aconstas1
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

Here are some keywords that your competitors are competing for: zanzibar holidays, zanzibar, holidays, tanzania, zanzibar travel, tours, safaris, zanzibar flights, zanzibar islands, zanzibar, flights, island, hotel, hotels, Tanzania, hotel Tanzania, hotels Tanzania, bed and breakfast, travel, africa honeymoon, african honeymoon, beach resort zanzibar, east africa holiday, east africa travel, east african holiday, zanzibar, unguja. Keep in mind that you want to compete for keywords that actual people are going to use to try to find your website. You may want to use some programs like the one found HERE to help you decide what keywords you want to use. I would suggest words such as Tanzania hotels, african safari, african trip, trip to africa and others like those. It seems when I type those phrases in, the majority of sites that are competing for those keywords are hotel search directories. Perhaps you should concentrate on submitting your site to many of those directories. It may be difficult to beat them out on keyword SERPS if they have heavily optimized sites. Keep up the good work.
              There are more tools to use for optimization found HERE
              Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Restaurant POS | Retail POS
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

• alas
                Captain

• May 2006

Hi Alex,
                Thank you for your help, I think you right about the hotel directories, looks like they are quite difficult to beat them out, and I am considering joining few of them, I am also adding an extra page about Tanzania, just links of what to do and where to go, as per Phil suggestions.
                Thank you a lot
                Alas

Comment

• karel
                  Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

I would certainly take Phils advice about the page on Tanzania. I love your hotel and would like to know more about Tanzania itself. The more information you have then the more key phrases that can be picked up.

Also do read Beths free book, it is very good and helped me no end. Have you also gone for a linking program, tourist information, hotel directorys etc..

I just put 'safari in tanzania' into google and it came up with places that suggest hotels to stay at, the list really is endless to who you could link with.
                  This is certainly a route that will get you a lot of exposure.

You know your business better than me, but they maybe an idea or two in there for you.

Regards Paul
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                  The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                  Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                  Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• alas
                    Captain

• May 2006

Thanks Paul,
                    I read Beth advise about SEO, and I made a lot of changes on titles, and page description, etc..., I hope this will work a little bit.
                    I am actually thinking that the best way to go is not to base on keywords, or using all this webs that offers better ranking on SEO, but instead to follow my instinct of what is the better description about my business.
                    I think Beth she is very right on her suggestions.
                    Thanks again
                    Alas

Comment

• Winntec
                      Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

I second Alex' comment about adding a sitemap.
                      We've found it the quickest way to make sure the SEs know you exist and at least index your site completely.
                      We use Vigos Gsitemap http://www.vigos.com/products/gsitemap/ to generate it for us and then upload it to your site and tell Google & Yahoo about it - you'll need to sign up for a Google account http://www.google.com/webmasters/ and then you can get info on the way Google sees your site.
                      Doing this we've always got our sites completely indexed inside a month.

Best of Luck
                      CedarAtticVents.com Genuine Cedar Attic Vents, Gable Vents and Shutters in many Standard Designs and Sizes as well as Custom Made to Your Specifications
                      HingeAndLatch.com Gate and Door Hardware with the look and feel of yesteryear. Traditional and Antique styles to enhance all your entrance-ways

Comment

• alas
                        Captain

• May 2006

Thanks a lot I will try this.
                        Alas

Comment

• Bethers
                          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Alas,
                          Please do research - do NOT use your instinct. As my background is SEO for hotels and motels - if you don't research - you won't be getting the traffic you want/need. If your instinct tells you people are using the words YOU would use - it's not necessarily so - so please, please, please - do the research and USE the KEYWORDS and KEYWORD PHRASES that your potential customers are using.

The worst thing any of us can do is to build the sites in the words/language WE believe will be used - because most often, those words aren't what the majority of people will use - especially when we have words and phrases that are part of our everyday use - but not theirs. For example, I worked with a motel that had executive and leisure suites. The designer of their website used those terms. Now, guess what, the people searching for those type of rooms, were NOT using those phrases - they had no clue that's what the motel called them.

Do the necessary research- and use the words THEY will be using to search - as those are the ones that will help you.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• alas
                            Captain

• May 2006

Hi Beth,
                            thank you for your advise, I have been travelling for few days, and I was not able to use a computer, that is why I am answering so late.
                            I will do the research, you are suggesting.
                            Thank you
                            Alas

Comment

Working...
                            X