• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karel
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Beware when placing recipricol links

I just wanted to let people know to always check that when you place a recipricol link with someone always check every few months or so that the link is still there, with google given less credit now for recipricol links some webmasters seem to be in the habit of linking with you and then taking down a month or so later hoping you wont notice or check.

I am not saying they are all like that, but this has happened twice with me now recently, luckily I always check. One even pulled it down and then must have forgot that he once linked to me and asked me again if I would link with him. Checking is also good for making sure the site you have linked with is still active, this has also happened when I have checked my links, I am actually linking to a site that is no longer up and running.

Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.
  • Mook25
    Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Re: Beware when placing recipricol links

Paul, there are scripts out there which you can use to automate the checking of links process so that you do not tie up your time doing this. Try the below for a few freebies.

or a google search for link checkers brings this up
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• karel
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Told me something there Mook, I don't have many links to be honest so its not really a problem, but for anyone who has loads out there, this will be a good tool, thanks for sharing....

Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk
      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• Mook25
        Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

No worries, There are also some automated link builders like axandra's where you can add the exchanged links and then when you want, at the click of a button, you can remove links that do not link back anymore.
        Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
        FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

To be honest, I never remove links for that reason - unless the site is one I wouldn't want - in which case I wouldn't have linked. Remember, links will be more important if you have a certain amount that are one-way - not all reciprocal.

I do check my links to make sure they are still viable websites, though.

I figure there are sites out there who have linked to me that I never linked back to - and it will be vice versa - no skin off my teeth. However, if someone sends me a link exchange request and hasn't already added me to their site first, I usually just delete it - unless they are really a spectacular site for me to link with. That's just courtesy.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X