• Show
Clear All
  • alas
    Captain

• May 2006

SEO and different language

Hi there,
    My question is:
    Having a web translated in many different language, ex. English, Italian, Spanish, French, German, will this help getting the SEO looking for you?
    Alas
    www.mediterraneotanzania.com
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: SEO and different language

The more important question is will it help the people that you want to have view the site? If it will be good for them, do it - if not - don't spend the time doing it just for se's. Search engines will find you if you have a site with good content, well written, professional, whether in one language or twenty.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• alas
      Captain

• May 2006

Hi Beth, it will help my customers, because they are coming from everywhere, but because I have a small text on each page, I though having more pages in different language, will help to get the SEO looking for my web.
      Thank you for your help.
      Alas

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

If it will help your customers, by all means have various language options. It will not hurt you with search engines, and could have an effect on the se's in various countries positively. Your initial question sounded more like you were only considering doing it for the se's and that I don't believe would be worth the time and effort.

If you want to really help - add pages of great content with great text to your website. Content is king (or queen).
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• alas
          Captain

• May 2006

Thank you Beth, I think the information I have on each page are all what I can say to my customer, you have been or you are in the hotel business, and it is very difficolt to describe the feeling of a place using only words.
          That is one of the reason I though using different languages.
          I can try to give to different people the right feeling of the hotel if I comunicate in their mother language.
          Thank you again
          Alas

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Actually - having spent years in the motel/hotel industry - I beg to differ - it is a very easy industry to build a website and use words - and if you aren't doing so - you will be doing an injustice to your hotel.

No, you can't use just words - just as I couldn't sell any of the products on my websites without pictures - but words are vital.

And, yes, you would do well to present the motel in the native language of people.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• philipc9635
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

I agree with Bethers and content is King or Queen???

Is there actually a program that can translate your pages into different languages as I would be interested in doing this on my site. Alas can you help me on this one????

Thanks

Quote: If you were just to spend a few minutes of every day working on improving traffic to your site, ie exchange links, directories, forums, articles, content etc etc. Imagine the Traffic in 365 days.
              Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• alas
                Captain

• May 2006

Hi Phil, I think the content is both a Queen and a King.
                There are many programs that can translate, but they can't translate properly, they can give an idea of what is written in a phrase, but the words because of similarity can be misinterpreted by the software, ex. in Italian the word " pesca" can be both fishing or peach, etc.... I actually speak fluently few languages, but I do not trust my that my knowledge is good enough to translate my website. The only one I actually wrote is the Italian version, but I will use translators for the other language.
                You are right about spending few minutes eveyday on improving traffic, I am trying to link to the right ones, but I am very concern about it, so I will link only when I think is a good one for my web.
                Ciao
                Alas

Comment

• philipc9635
                  Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Hey Alas

It is always good to be careful when linking.

My wife is Italian so I have no problems there. Being a golf site I want to look at Japanese or even Chinese translation. I think the chinese market will be a huge investment for the future. Although the Chinese language may be difficult. If anyone knows any programs out there let me and alas know.

Many Thanks.
                  Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Working...
                  X