Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlines

Hi

Sorry to sound stupid, but could someone point out to me how to turn a title into a headline? i cant seem to find an icon to do this

Cheers

Sally
    www.webuynationwide.co.uk

Re: Headlines

Originally posted by sallyslater View Post
    Hi

Sorry to sound stupid, but could someone point out to me how to turn a title into a headline? i cant seem to find an icon to do this

Cheers

Sally

Hi Sally

I am assuming you want to turn a title that you have put on your page as text, into a headline, probably as a h1 or h2 header tag? If this is the case, you can apply the text, colour and size as you normally would to make it a headline on your page and then just right click on your text you have applied, choose html and apply <h1> in the section called before tag and apply </h1> in the section called after tag. Keep in mind you can have h1, h2, h3 or even h4 and each you should size appropriately, (as an example, 18pt font for H1, 16pt for H2, 14pt for H3, 12pt for H4)

Is this what you mean?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Ladyeye

I think so yes, it was because i read somewhere that you should do this to help search engine ranking

Cheers

Sally
      www.webuynationwide.co.uk

Comment

Sally,
        A title on your website is completely different from the headlines on the pages - and you should have both.

The title is what will show at the top of the browser window - look now and the title of this page will say: Headlines - Web Hosting

A headline is simply that - a headline on each page - like a newspaper has a headline on each section.

The title gets added to each page when you do the meta on each page in BV.

A headline gets added directly to the pages.

Both are important for your visitors - and what's important to your visitors is important to the se's.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X