• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trogelvis
    Private First Class

• Aug 2007

engine search key words - idiots guide

hi, i'm fairly happy with the progress i'm making on my sit www.childrens-partyhire.co.uk with all the help i've recieved.

However, when i google with very focused key words i'm still on page 13 and i haven't a clue where the blurb for my site has come from. How can I change this with better key words? I've filled in my metatags but this isn't the info related on google. I've read beths ebook but i'm afraid it doesn't make much sense - can someone advise me in a very simple idiot proof way( and are google results loaded according to number of hits??) any help gratefully received.
    thanks
    julie
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: engine search key words - idiots guide

Google is taking something from on your page on on your meta for their blurb. Without you saying what they are saying or the keyword, I can't look to see it and give you an exact answer.

It takes time to move up the se's. Of the thousands of sites with the same keywords - why should yours move ahead of them? If it should - with time and the proper work to the page, it will. But don't expect it to happen overnight.

Now for a suggestion - spend some time and rewrite your meta descriptions. Remember, each page should be written specifically for what is on that page - and make this description read like a short, concise, interesting ad. If you saw your description, with the areas not capitalized as they should be, etc - would you think the person was professional? But first, write it so that it reads like a great little ad for that page of your site, using at least the number one keyword phrase for that page, also.

Make sure the title (and all text on the pages) are grammatically correct, also.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
    X