Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before you are picked up by the se's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before you are picked up by the se's?

This seems to be similiar to a question that has been asked earlier, but I thought I would ask it to see if there is a definitive answer or not. I have published my page 2 days ago and optimized my site's metatags and page titles, but still cannot get my page found by Google or yahoo when I do a search for it, no matter how or which way I search it. Should you at least be able to get found in a search from the se's once you get published providing you have done everything ok, or does it actually take longer to get picked up? I am not completely done working on my site, but searchwise it is all there to be picked up by one of them. I was thinking that it should at least get picked up as existing, not really caring at this point what my ranking is. Thanks.

Re: How long before you are picked up by the se's?

Firstly... have you submitted your site to any of the SE's ?

Secondly... Please be patient! Can you imagine how many sites the SE's have to spider? This takes time.

Sometimes it CAN be a couple of days... sometimes weeks... and more...
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Yes, I have already submitted to the se, but was not sure what the time frame was to be picked up. I was sort of under the impression that they would be at least able to find you during a search once your URL was published, sort of like when you get a new phone number. At least the operator can immediately see your phone number listing as soon as it is published.

Comment

The se's might not do anything with your submission - as what they want to see are natural links to your site. Are there any?

And, no, the operator doesn't always see your listing as soon as you get a phone - only in that one directory if it's from their company - it can be months before you make it in the national directories today.

The web finds sites by following the links on other sites. You need to have such links. For example - a link to the site here would be spidered and you'd be found.

Now, that said - it doesn't mean you'll be found by your keywords - as I'm sure thousands others are using those same keywords - and while you'll be spidered, you might be on page 750 of the search results because so many others are ahead of you. You need to work diligently to move ahead of the others.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well, being a newbie site designer I can see that it is more than just setting up your metatags correctly, naming your pages right, and including as many keywords as you can your page bodies. It seems that the SE use links almost as much as keywords to find your site and rank it. You learn something new every day here. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
            Firstly... have you submitted your site to any of the SE's ?

Secondly... Please be patient! Can you imagine how many sites the SE's have to spider? This takes time.

Sometimes it CAN be a couple of days... sometimes weeks... and

more...
            How do you submit site to ses

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by alan barber View Post
              How do you submit site to ses

Alan

When your site is ready, pop a support ticket in with your details.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X