Virgin Website Builder needing help with SEO and more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frogkase
    Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2007

Virgin Website Builder needing help with SEO and more...

Hi Guys,

I am extremely new to the whole website building thing. I have finally published my first website!

I hope I didn't write this in the wrong place but would it be possible for someone to help give me some tips on SEO for my website? I have already read the free e-book which was awesome.

I also have a problem as I tried to bold just a few words on each page but now every word on every page is bold.

The other problem is that I tried to change the text menu hyperlinks to the same colour as the background but for some reason that didn't work either.

I would really appreciate some feedback, thanks alot for your time :)

Matt

www.painfreeacupuncture.com.au
    Matt Roessler
    Pain-Free Acupuncture
  • mwalsh62
    Major

• Jul 2007

Re: Virgin Website Builder needing help with SEO and more...

Hi Matt,

Nice looking site!

I'm afraid I won't be much help on SEO, Still figuring it out myself.
    As to your other concerns, To me, it appears that what you were trying to bolden is bold, all text is not bold.

For your links, right click to open properties, style tab, edit styles. click on style which you want to change, then choose individual link to change. Click drop down next to colors, choose "more colors". Click "eyedropper" tool, and drag to your background and click on it. Click ok, ok, etc., You should have it!

You may want to put navigation at the bottom of the page, not a long scroll, but we can all be lazy at times!

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Well, the bolding is quite easy - first you put in an h1 tag - but you didn't close it properly (same with the h2 tag) You have an opening tag to open it and and opening tag to close them. So, at the moment, your entire page is being read as an h1. That can hurt you and needs to be fixed ASAP.

The opening h1 <h1> needs to end with </h1> and the <h2> end with </h2>.

OK - then you need to get rid of the h2. Do you really want to tell the se's the 2nd most important thing on your page is the word "Welcome"?

Also - you have your header in as your h1 - which usually are different things. And since no one is searching for Pain-Free Acupunctiure" it's not a good title for your page, nor a good headline (but it's a wonderful name and good for the header.

So, how about taking the h1 off the header - and replacing Welcome with a true h1 - using words that people ARE searching for. The are searching for Acupuncture Clinics, Acupuncture Physicians, Acupunture Spe******ts - can you use any or these legitimately? If so - or if all - a possible h1 could be Acupuncture Physician | Clinic | Spe******t - and then make sure that you USE all the words on your home page at least a couple times - where they make sense.

Now, why would you want any of your hyperlinks to be the color of the background? They wouldn't be able to be seen then. However, where are you trying to change them and how - then we can go back and correct the error.

Note to Mike - yes ALL his text is bold - because of what I explained above. I sure don't understand what you said lol
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Frogkase
        Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2007

Hey Guys,

Thank you very much for your support and help. I have made some changes according to your information. By the way Beth, thanks for writing that e-book it is great.

What do you think of the changes? Is there anything else I could for SEO?

For some reason some of the headers on each page seem bolded. Could you tell me what I have done wrong there?

Thanks again for your help :)

Matt

Matt Roessler
        Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

• Filtrex
          Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2007

Great Job =) Really nice and organized.
          www.filtrexsystems.com - Industrial and Municipal Filtration Systems! (My First Site)

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

An h1 tag makes the words in it bold.

Now - and this is important - you do NOT want the same h1 tag on every page - as every page is NOT about the same things. Please, read my book again :)
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi,

You can download this free SEO tool to further prepare your website for SEO ranking. It helps with all the important aspect of on-site website promotion. It has website prmotion tools like keyword generation, top 10 search engine ranking optimization, link building, ranking checking and keywords used by your competitor, just to name a few.

The link is SEO Software Tools.

Or the other is to work with personally with the SEO expert. They are providing Trial Membership for 30 days at $2.95. It's on a one-to-one backstage pass basis. You can go here SEO Marketing Lab.

Check them out, it has helped me. Hope it will do the same for you.
              Last edited by Bethers; 11-18-2007, 09:14 PM. Reason: took out the affiliate links

Comment

• Frogkase
                Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2007

Hi Beth,

Sorry I didn't get back to you quicker. I was away on holiday and because I am new to this I couldn't find my original posts. I have figured that out now :)

Thank you very much for your feedback. I went and changed the h1 tags for each page and made sure the words were subtly repeated througout the text.

I have only been online for a couple of weeks and I am already on the first page for google searches of acupuncture st kilda and acupuncture brighton (Australia) which are my locations of work!

So thanks heaps again! Is there more that I should worry about in terms of SEO with my website? Do I need to worry about page ranking?

Thanks Nor for your links, I will check them out.

Matt

Matt Roessler
                Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

• Frogkase
                  Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2007

Sorry Beth,

I also wanted to ask if my title for each page in Page Properties had to be different?
                  Matt Roessler
                  Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

• thetilemanoflasvegas
                    Private

• Oct 2007

Matt,
                    I'm really new at this whole thing too. I must say your sight, looks
                    out-a-sight! Could you take a look at mine, and tell me what you think?
                    http://www.thetilemanoflasvegas.biz. Any feed back would be helpfull.
                    Thanks,
                    Kimberly

Comment

• Frogkase
                      Sergeant First Class

• Nov 2007

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for the comment :)

I have to say that you want to let the technical stuff up to the experts so I will let them talk to you about that.

I like the look of the website. Great effort. However it did take a little while to load the pics on my screen. Also I don't know if it is possible but maybe having all the pics the same size would really clean up the gallery page.

I hope that helps :) Good luck
                      Matt Roessler
                      Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

• Karen Mac
                        General

• Apr 2006

Frog..

Yes each of your pages needs a new title and needs to use its own meta and keywords.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• acuman
                          Private First Class

• Jan 2007

Hi Matt,
                          Great looking site!

If you are accepting more advice I'll give it a go. :)

I totally agree about making your page titles different on each page.
                          You should also make your page descriptions different on each page as well. I see they are all the same too.

Content is important to the search engines and especially fresh updated content. So to keep your good rankings (or to get them) update some content on your homepage at least once a month.

get some backlinks! Very important if you want to get listed even higher.
                          Especially relevant content.
                          Get a backlink from this site that will also send you referrals http://www.tcmdirectory.com (also a vodahost site)

If you want to learn more about SEO specifically for acupuncturists, check out this course and you will even get ceu's for it.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                          X