• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marciemayer
    Captain

• Jan 2007

Trying to make sense of the SEs...

I've had thousands of people visit my site but they can't be finding me through the SEs as I can't bring the site up through anticipated word
    searches. I do see that many visitors are reaching me through Image
    searches. For example: with a standard Google search 'kea greece hotel'
    I don't appear in at least the 1st 20 pages but the same search in Google
    images brings me up on the 1st and 2nd pages. What's going on? How can
    I get more traffic through the more common word searches? Hope some of you experts out there can shed some light.
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Trying to make sense of the SEs...

First,
    Look in your backend and find out just how the people ARE coming to your site - instead of guessing as you are now. If thousands are visiting, I promise they are finding you throught the se's.

As for Kea Greece Hotel - your home page isn't optimized for that - so no, they won't find you if they use that phrase. Your page title isn't good for your visitors or the se's - you don't have a good headline on the page, etc.

You do have the makings towards it all - but you need to tweak.

Have you read the little ebook in my signature?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, there are many things to have a look at through your pages. As an example just using your front page. There are a few grammatical errors & spelling mistakes. The words that you use as keywords & description should be within the text of the page. (Most aren’t on the page as a phrase) Unless everyone knows you as the red tractor farm? I would use words more like Eco holidays, Greek farm holidays & so on.It would also be worth going through your images & renaming many of them, as they are all part of a search result. Even your Red tractor is called “Vintage”. On to site promotion of Agro tourism, I personally haven’t heard of the word before. This might be a regional thing & personally can only relate to the words Eco tourism. So it maybe worth seeing if different parts of the world have a more common reference to ecological/agriculture terms, with the view to helping search results.
      You mentioned about a search for “kea Greece hotel” I personally would search for “Kea Greek hotel”. But that aside, you don’t have the phrase “Kea Greece hotel” on your page.To cut a long story short. Try the search Tzia,kea,agro tourism in Google & I bet you are NO:1. This is because these words are an exact match to the content of your page, & are also in the description/keyword areas. But! these are also the only words that match a search.

<META name="KEYWORDS" content="Greek island hotel,Kea hotel,gourmet food store,greek islands,mediterranean food,cooking schools, volunteer,hotel greece,Tzia,kea,agro tourism,gourmet food gifts">

<META name="DESCRIPTION" content="Red Tractor Farm features gourmet food products, Mediterranean cooking seminars, recipes, guesthouse information, and photos of Greek island Tzia (Kea). ">

AH! i see Beth is here. She will be able to give some good advice.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• marciemayer
        Captain

• Jan 2007

Beth, Chris,

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my situation.
        I have begun tweeking and I see now that there is quite a bit
        of tweeking to be done. I'll get busy and get back to you for
        more of that VALUABLE feedback.

Thanks as always,
        Marcie
        www.redtractorfarm.com
        www.iloveacorns.com
        www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Working...
        X