• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asirimarco
    Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

million of like sites - help

there are many, many, many jewelry sites - is there anything more I can do to make mine stand out? I have keywords, headers, meta tags, page titles and descriptions - what else?
    Ann http://www.beadedcustomdesigns.com
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art
  • CarbonTerry
    Major General

• Oct 2005

Re: million of like sites - help

i would check out the source code of the page one websites and see what they are doing to get placed that high.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

• asirimarco
      Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

pretty much what I did - maybe cause they've been around longer -
      thanx
      Ann

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi Ann ... welcome back and so nice to see you again ...

Have you thought of maybe once a week or twice a month putting a particular piece of jewellry for sale on ebay? For a few dollars if you make the sale and a few cents to list even if you do not make a sale, it might be worth it to get your name out by being on ebay, you can then have your website url in your item description saying something like, for more jewellry visit my site .. and then of course the hottest advertising going around right now is facebook, two million visitors a day, not that your ad would be seen by those two million each day, but they offer ad spots in a a couple of different ways, some may work for you ..

You've got to outdo, outprice and outreach and then hopefully outsell even if it means taking a bit of a price hit in the beginning, just to get the traffic and customers coming .. ha, sounds like survivor doesn't it, LOL

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Make sure you are building credibility for your site. Write articles - link to articles - get links back to your site - make changes on the site regularly - whether by having specials, etc. If you can write informative information to make your site more of an authority - do so.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• mrmagoo144
            Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

im sure you have email program set up so that you can send out email postcards at least once a month. it starts with getting opt in email addresses and sending out specials. with the correct program you will see a gradual increase of business with your current customers. also you set up a "get a friend" to join in the email program. this will get new customers to your site. the last thing i would do is put some type of video on your home page. video is the newest tool to get the clients interested in your product. it is not expensive but effective. fortunately, bv is the perfect website builder that plays the video very promptly. i have done this for another jewelry company and here is the example:
            www.scanportonline.com
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• asirimarco
              Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

Thank you for responses - will take all into consideration and keep working on it. I've been away from this for so long it is like starting the learning process all over again. again thanx
              Ann

Comment

• karel
                Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

it might be worth it to get your name out by being on ebay, you can then have your website url in your item description saying something like, for more jewellry visit my site
                Unfortunatly you are not allowed to do this, it is against ebay rules, I have known accounts suspended because of this. You can however set up a ABOUT ME page in ebay and put your url there. The best way though is to sell something on ebay and send a think you note with their purchase and then pass on your website. I have had many return visitors this way, if they get good service and like your product they will be back and maybe even tell others about you. You are in a very competitive market and you have to just think outside the box at times. I sell make - up and fragrances. One of the best way for sales is to print of my products, make it into some sort of leaflet with prices on (this works very well at christmas) and just hand them out and again put my website address at the bottom.

Don't just think on-line there are many ways to sell your product, even boot sales, which again do well for me. Your site could then be just a place to go to see what stock you have, to contact you about buying something else etc...Don't just see it as place for people to drop on, see it as a shop window for people who have bought before.

Build up me nice group of customers and you will do fine.

Paul
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• asirimarco
                  Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

thank you for info and advice - the place we live - Brown County, Indiana is an old established artists colony and they have lots of craft fairs etc. just haven't had the nerve yet to enter one - or to join any of the alliances...need to think about it.
                  Ann

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Ann,

This link will help you in your effort to be No 1.
                    All the tools you need. The results will also tell you what they think of your tags , page title and key phrases.

It is good try it out. Tag Link.

Enjoy and be happy.
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• asirimarco
                      Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

very interesting site - many thanks - will have to spend some time checking things out.
                      Ann

Comment

• john777
                        Sergeant Major

• Oct 2007

Hey heres a crazy trick that works..
                        Do you know how many people misspell words of popular products they are searching? thats where you can get a lot of traffic
                        for example if you search cheorkee scrubs in google my site is number 3 and draws a lot of traffic..but its not the correct way to spell it.
                        But so many people misspell it...I could never compete with the huge corporations selling that product..

Also I don't sell hemp nursing scrubs- but if you google it you'll see I am number 1
                        this is because i wrote an article about it on my site...and linked to sites selling it..i get traffic that way as well..

I have tons of examples if you want more..get creative and think at all times..how can I help my customers..the universe will show you the way..

You can use products like -discovery keywords to see how many people are searching for your products with a misspelling and other random searches..

good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X